Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 17 Sep 2016, 5:59 pm

This is an exhibition race for Speed Circuit newbies only [edit: now open to all]. As a teaching game, I will happily provide advice and mentoring. If the race doesn't fill in a reasonable time period, it will be open to everyone.

Current Field
Don T
Josh C
Thomas H
Tim M
Jack B
Doug S
Sean H
Will K

RM (Race Marshall): Yours truly.

Track: Detroit GP, attached below. This track was published in the Vol.4, No.5, All-star Replay magazine (1983). You'll also find a review of that actual Grand Prix on page 20. All-star Replay link

Laps: Two. While most of our races are three laps, this track is slow and long. Two will be sufficient, especially for new drivers.

Deadlines: Car builds & pole bids will start when the field is filled. Plots will be due M/W/F. The race should last about three months. There is no collusion (think of it as gunboat) so time requirements are minimal.

Field Size: Six to eight. The track is only two lanes throughout. Eight might be pushing it.

Rules link: RFR Rules
Note that the core game rules are from the soon-to-be published Championship Formula Racing rules which are themselves linked via the RFR rules. CFR is a re-issue and enhancement of the original Speed Circuit game. The RFR document lays out the house rules for PBEM play.

There are close to 20 current and archived races at Redscape to look at if you wish to get an idea of the game. Scroll down on the main page and you can't miss 'em. You'll also see several old-time Redscapers having a blast:

Kal Miller - original member, league officer, & RM extraordinaire.
Brad Bauska - original member and still hunting for his first win.
Neal Anderth - joined during season one and record holder for car explosions.
Dave Ling - won an exhibition race and is on his way to winning his first league race. This guy's good.

Please post your interest below or email to sloterp ~~ at ~~ verizon ~~ dot ~~ com

Click on track to get full view
DetroitFixedA.png
Adjutant

Post 22 Sep 2016, 10:16 pm

I have a younger brother (Thomas) who has interest in this.
His email is hao.jun.tan(at) gmail (dot) com
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 23 Sep 2016, 3:26 pm

Ciyan2 wrote:I have a younger brother (Thomas) who has interest in this.
His email is hao.jun.tan(at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks very much. I sent an email and I hope he joins us!

I'll try to recruit new drivers at tomorrow's live game. If we don't get the desired numbers, I'll toss it out to the drivers in Doug's series and our own league racers.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Sep 2016, 12:33 pm

Thanks to Doug Schulz for providing the period cars for this race. These cars are from 1977... close enough.

[edit] Doug comes through with some 1983 cars!
83 Cars.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 30 Sep 2016, 8:35 am

We've got six and it's now open to anybody (as evidenced by current league players on the list). Two more max.
Adjutant

Post 30 Sep 2016, 4:16 pm

Count me in too,that NWO game just couldn't fill.

email:seanthj@gmail.com
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 30 Sep 2016, 4:30 pm

Welcome! That leaves one open spot.