Row 1, lane 3: Mike 9 skill
Row 2, lane 1: Chris 1 wear, 5 skill
Row 2, lane 3: Brad 3 wear
Row 3, lane 1: Todd 1 wear, 3 skill, 73 die roll
Row 3, lane 3: DC 1 wear, 3 skill, 35 die roll
Row 4, lane 1: Dave 1 wear, 1 skill, 77 die roll
Row 4, lane 3: Kal 1 wear, 1 skill, 58 die roll
Row 5, lane 1: Scott no bid

Note: Kal is using his back-up car sponsored by Grape Nehi.

My turn 1 plot has been submitted to Dan - you may send me your plots at your leisure.

Turn 1 Deadline: Monday, May 5th @ 12 noon EDT (4 p.m. GMT).
StoneStart.gif
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 05 May 2014, 9:21 am

And we're off...

Turn 1 Summary
Fabio and Mike start at 100 mph, both prepped for the green racing line (+40 mph) in the first corner. Brad tests his engine (modified 4) to push his start speed to 120 mph, taking the inside lane next to Fabio. Chris takes the inside lane from his 60 mph start speed. Todd pulls behind Chris and DC takes lane two next to Todd. Dave goes around the two-wide cars with his 100 mph start speed, staying on the outside. Kal and Scott line up behind DC, hoping to slipstream next turn.

Notes:
Slipstreaming is only possible when the car in front is going at least 120 mph and the slipstreaming car is plotted at the same or lower speed.
Brad's dice roll was sent directly to myself and Brad. Anytime a dice roll is necessary, I will only have the results sent to the dice roller (and myself).
My time-stamped plot in the dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/weh9qd3euivgpmq/RedT1.jpg

Turn 2 Deadline: Wednesday, May 7th @ 12 noon EDT (4 p.m. GMT)
StoneT1.gif
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 07 May 2014, 2:10 pm

Sorry for the delay, guys.

Turn 2 Summary
Fabio and Mike take the green racing line (+ 40 mph) through corner one. Brad uses one wear in the 100 mph lane to keep up, pulling in behind Fabio. Chris grabs the green racing line and can come out full speed. Dave will be able to complete the same racing line next turn. Todd readies his car for the red racing line (+ 20 mph) in the upcoming turn. DC's preference for lane two puts him right behind Dave. Kal is set for the corner one green line. Scott, keeps up by slipstreaming Kal, pulling behind for the green line as well.

Turn 3 Deadline: Friday, May 9th @ 12 noon EDT or 4 p.m. GMT

The graphics look better when I do them with Photoshop. Didn't have that available today.
StoneT2.gif
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 09 May 2014, 2:20 pm

At last!

Turn 3 Summary
Fabio moves first to take the racing line through Beckets, forcing Mike to the outside. Brad keeps up and is set for the Beckets racing line next turn. Chris goes all out and tests his top speed, putting one skill token on the dice roll (modified 1). Todd careens through Cops on the red racing line at 180 and uses 2 wear to get it done. Dave completes the green line through Cops and pulls up behind Todd. Kal also gets the green racing line, passing Dave with a slipstream (2 spaces) of Todd. DC grabs the red line while Scott takes the shorter green to pull even.

Notes:
The default lane choice is inside if you don't indicate a preference. The RM will not automatically set anyone up for a slip.

Track corrected to reflect Kal's 2 space slipstream. Ignore the purple smudge behind Kal.

Turn 4 Deadline: Monday, May 12th @ 12 noon EDT (4 p.m. GMT)
StoneT3.gif
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 12 May 2014, 10:18 am

The first forced pass of the race today, thanks to Brad "live free or die" Bauska!

Turn 4 Summary
Mike goes first at 140 mph and burns a wear on the 120 spaces. Fabio follows at 120 on the racing line, conserving his wear. He pulls up beside Mike creating the rolling roadblock. Brad uses a wear to go 140 mph through the racing line and tacks on a space with a slipstream of Mike. He attempts a forced pass (no block) of Mike on the inside and makes it through easily (modified 3), using up his 3 skill token in the process. Woot! Chris meanders through Becketts on the racing line and grabs the inside lane past the Chapel. Todd burns a wear going through the racing line at 140 mph and pulls in behind Chris for the turn 5 slipstream. Kal eases through the Becketts racing line at 120 mph but must stay on the outside to complete the RL. Dave throws caution to the wind through Becketts at 160 mph but has to dump the racing line as it is blocked by Kal. Dave uses 2 wear as he pulls in behind Todd with a slipstream setup for turn 5. DC passes through Maggots at 120 mph and has his car ready for the racing line next turn. Scott brings up the rear moving 100 mph to pull in behind DC with a slipstream possibility on the horizon in turn 5.

Please advise if you see any errors. It's getting interesting guys...

Turn 5 Deadline: Wednesday, May 14th @ 12 noon EDT (4 p.m. GMT)
StoneT4.gif
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 14 May 2014, 11:02 am

It's gettin' crazy up in here! There is a second forced pass but this time with an attempted block and some incidental damage to the pink car. The cars are now quite bunched up with lots of potential for disaster.

Turn 5 Summary
Brad moves along at 140 mph coming up two spaces short of the corner. Why not 160? a) Brad can't count. b) Didn't want Mike to slipstream. c) To piss off Fabio. Mike moves at 160, pulling up next to Brad. Fabio also moves at 160 but has to emergency brake (-1 wear) with the road blocked in front of him. Chris hits the straightaway at his top speed of 160 mph. Todd catches up by moving at 180 mph. Dave takes his car to it's top speed and grabs the +2 bonus with a slipstream. Passing is in vogue so Dave attempts to go around Todd who isn't too keen on it. Todd tries a block (+2) but Dave puts 2 skill tokens towards it and passes by. Not without taking some damage though (-1 wear) when the dice come up 1 & 4. Kal sticks to his top speed of 160 mph and stays out of the fray ahead. Still working their way through Becketts, DC uses a wear to travel on the racing line at 140 mph. Scott keeps up by going 120 mph through the line and taking the slipstream bonus.

Turn 6 Deadline: Friday, May 16th @ 12 noon EDT (4 p.m. GMT)
StoneT5.gif
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 14 May 2014, 11:22 am

Public Service Announcement

The purple car has lost it's front spoiler along the track. If anyone finds it please return it to Kal's pit crew. No questions asked.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 16 May 2014, 9:48 am

The excitement eases up a bit with the short 3-lane stretch. Expect things to get difficult again as we go back to narrow track.

Turn 6 Summary
Mike goes first through Stowe at 140 (1 wear) and grabs the inside lane in the 3-wide. Brad follows suit, spending a wear. Fabio ramps up his speed to 160 to spend 2 wear through the corner. He sets up on the outside lane making for a dicey turn 7. Dave travels at 140 mph and uses a wear to keep up. Todd also spends wear as he cruises through Stowe at 140 mph and pulls behind Fabio with the slipstream bonus. Chris rounds Stowe at a conservative 120 mph but doesn't lose much ground with the slipstream bonus. Kal enters Stowe at 120 mph, falling behind but staying out of the potential turn 7 mess in front. DC takes his car to it's top speed and is set up for the corner next turn. Scott moves at 160 mph but keeps up with DC by virtue of the slipstream. A preference for the racing line overrides the 2nd slipstream bonus.

Turn 7 Deadline: Monday, May 19th @ 12 noon EDT (4 p.m. GMT)

p.s. Kal's spoiler has been returned and re-fitted on his car (don't ask how).
StoneT6.gif
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 19 May 2014, 1:19 pm

I may be tight on timing over the next six weeks so please don't be surprised by delays. I hope it to be the exception, not the norm. It would be very helpful if plots are in on a timely basis or even early!

Turn 7 Summary
The entire front row plotted the same speed (120 mph w/ two wears), meaning cars take turns inside to out. Mike moves first and grabs the Vale racing line. Brad and Fabio are forced into the 80's with Brad getting the inside lane. They can both accelerate out of the corner in turn 8. Dave and Todd also plot the same speed (100 mph w/ one wear), giving Dave the racing line. Todd takes the 80 in Vale, keeping up by virtue of the bonus (+1 SS). Chris puts his car behind Dave's on the Vale racing line*. Kal completes his racing line through Stowe but has traffic coming up from behind. DC uses the RM plot and drops to 140 through the outer lane in Stowe, burning one wear**. Scott burns two wear through the Stowe racing line and catches up to Kal.

* Chris can slipstream Dave next turn.
** See rules on RM plots.

Turn 8 Deadline: Wednesday, May 21st @ 12 noon EDT (4 p.m. GMT)
StoneT7.gif
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 20 May 2014, 6:16 am

Correction on the slipstream comment: Chris cannot slipstream Dave. A slip can never be had when the front car is on a numbered corner space. The only time a slipstream can be initiated in a corner is if the rear car is on the final numbered space of a corner and the front car is on the straight.

Thanks to Chris for notifying me of the rule and Doug for a quick verification. I'll tighten up the language in our rules.
Administrator

Post 20 May 2014, 12:14 pm

Hello all from Alaska...

My internet coverage is IMPOSSIBLE and very expensive if I want fair coverage. I cannot do my turns this week, but will be able to take the Monday turn.

Mike, if there is a replacement for two turns that would be great...
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 20 May 2014, 12:15 pm

I'll see what I can do...

Mike

[edit] Dan will be covering for Brad this week.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 21 May 2014, 2:22 pm

Again, thanks for bearing with the delays this week.

Lots of slipstreaming opportunities coming up in turn 9...

Turn 8 Summary
Mike moves first and maxes out his car at 160 mph. Fabio gets the jump and moves 2nd, also at 160 and a chance to slipstream next turn. Brad (Dan) follows at 140 and keeps up with the bonus, though he is forced to the outside lane. Dave accelerates in his turn thanks to the increased speed on the racing line. Todd completes his corner and pulls in behind Dave. Chris grabs the racing line and spends a wear to keep up. Scott spends 2 wear to travel through the racing line at 120 mph, placing his car behind Chris's. Kal grabs the racing line and spends a wear. DC spends 2 wear in the corner but has to abandon the racing line with Kal in the way. There are five cars that can potentially take the slipstream next turn!

Turn 9 Deadline: Friday, May 23rd @ 12 noon EDT (4 p.m. GMT)

I'm doing the graphics at home & I always seem to have difficulty inserting the chart. I separated it but jeez, it's big! More readable for sure, though. Remember... click on an image to expand it.
StoneT8a.gif
T8chart.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 23 May 2014, 10:41 am

We are taking off for Memorial Day so the next turn will not be until Wednesday, May 28th. Enjoy the holiday weekend!

Turn 9 Summary
Mike continues to burn wear to stay ahead the pack, knocking off 2 wear to go 120 mph through the Abbey and across the Bridge. Fabio also burns 2 wear and keeps up with Mike at the Bridge. The slightly more conservative Brad (Dan) only burns one wear and pulls in behind Fabio after the Abbey. Dave grabs the Abbey racing line and is poised to enter the corner next turn. Todd keeps up and pulls in behind Dave on the racing line. Chris ramps up his speed to 140 but now has to bypass the Abbey racing line. Scott also travels at 140 but has no place to use the bonus. Kal puts the pedal to the metal and accelerates up to 160, his max speed. He pulls in behind Todd, ready for the Abbey line next turn. DC takes it easy out of Vale with the bonus and will have a nice view of the pack trying to navigate the Abbey corner.

Thank you for subbing Dan! You may get another call sometime this summer from other racers on vacation.

Turn 10 Deadline: Wednesday, May 28th @ 12 noon EDT (4 p.m. GMT)
StoneT9.gif
Administrator

Post 25 May 2014, 10:24 am

Thank you Dan for the coverage. My cell company said I would have service in the Inland passage... #EPICFAIL