Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 18 Sep 2014, 10:19 am

Ok, admittedly that looks a bit... shoddy (but not because of the Maryland flag). Always on the lookout for new graphics. Speaking of which, look at the cars below. They have cleaner lines than the ones I handmade. I'm not sure it's any easier to discern colors (nor do I have black or brown).

Golden Age of Formula 1 from here: GP Racing
Lineup.png
Administrator

Post 18 Sep 2014, 10:45 am

Much nicer....

Maybe it was the Maryland flag after all! :grin:
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 19 Sep 2014, 9:52 am

Dave, get back in the race or your car will be retired from the track!

Turn 7 Summary
Mike hits the straightaway at 140 to pull in front of La Caixa. Kal burns 2 wear on the Campsa line at 140. Fabio knocks down 1 wear on the line and tucks in behind Kal. Tim drops 2 wear on the Campsa line at 140 to pull alongside Fabio. Chris takes the Campsa line at 100 for free. Brad is denied the line by Chris at 120 and is forced to the 100 lane. He ends up on the outside in the last Campsa row*. Rando grabs the initiative at 120, then brakes to 100 with a dice roll & 2 SP (modified 8) to take the Campsa line for free. Cody is denied the line, taking the 100 lane at 120 for a wear plus the slip on Brad. Todd also grabs the Campsa 100 at 120 for a wear and gets the bonus from Rando. John knocks off a wear at 80 on the SEAT 60. Dave takes another RM plot at 80 through the SEAT 80's for free. DC follows Dave at 80 for a free ride through SEAT.

Watch your lane prefs: Conditional orders are highly recommended.

Turn 8 Deadline: Monday, September 22nd @ 12 noon EST (4 p.m. GMT)
catT7.gif
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 22 Sep 2014, 9:51 am

Three in a row for Dave. I'll be checking drivers on the waitlist to see if they want to hop into the pink car. Otherwise, the car will be retired from the track.

Look at Tim "roll dem bones" Baker go!

Turn 8 Summary
Mike takes down 3 more wear at 100 to roll through the La Caixa 60 (2) and the racing line in Banc Sabadell (1). Kal knocks down 2 wear at 100 in the La Caixa 60 and sits on the Banc Sabadell line. Tim takes the initiative over Fabio at 120. He drops 2 wear and rolls on the chance table w/ 2 SP (modified 4) through the La Caixa 60 and drops to the inside of Kal. Fabio burns 2 wear at 100 in the La Caixa 60. Chris takes the straightaway out of Campsa at 120 and grabs the inside lane that fronts La Caixa. Cody rolls the dice for top speed at 140 (naked 8) and grabs the outside lane across from Chris. Brad also plots 140 out of Campsa to make it three wide going into La Caixa. Rando completes the Campsa line at 140* and slips in behind Chris. Todd also takes it up to 140* to grab the tail of Brad. John plots 100 and takes the outside Campsa lane for free. Dave takes his final RM plot of 100 to pull up behind John. DC is forced to the inside lane on Campsa and is nicked for 2 wear as he rides up next to John.

*Note the increasing speed in the corner, allowing for acceleration in Campsa

Turn 9 Deadline: Wednesday, September 24th @ 12 noon EST (4 p.m. GMT)
catT8.gif
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 24 Sep 2014, 10:10 am

The cars are starting to stagger with the exception of the traffic jam in Banc Sabadell.

Thanks to Will K. for taking over the pink car!

Turn 9 Summary
Mike burns 2 more wear at 100 on the Europcar line (1) and in New Holland (1). Tim knocks down 3 wear as he takes the Banc Sabadell 60 (2) and the Europcar line (1) at 100. Kal goes 80 through the Banc Sabadell line for free and sits on the Europcar line. Fabio also takes the Banc line for free at 80. Cody has the initiative at 120 and drops 4 wear in the La Caixa 80's (2) and the Banc 80's (2). Brad moves next at 100 and uses 1 wear in the La Caixa 80's and another on the Banc Sabadell line. Chris loses 1 wear in the La Caixa 60 at 80 and pulls into the Banc 80's for free. Todd has the initiative at 100 and blows through 2 wear in the La Caixa 60. He has to pull up short before the loaded up Banc corner and uses his 3 SP chip to ensure no harm to his brakes. Rando takes the La Caixa 80's for free and sits on the Banc line behind Todd. John comes out of Campsa at 140 to grab the middle lane in front of La Caixa. DC follows suit at 140 and grabs the outside lane. Will ups his speed to 120 to complete Campsa.

Turn 10 Deadline: Friday, September 26th @ 12 noon EST (4 p.m. GMT)
catT9.gif
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Sep 2014, 9:58 am

The leader's on lap 2. Time to catch up, fellas!

Turn 10 Summary
Mike hits the straightaway at 140. Tim careens through New Holland at 120 for 2 wear. Kal plays it conservative through Europcar & New Holland, cruising at 80 for free. Fabio knocks back 2 wear at 100 to pull alongside Kal in New Holland. Brad burns 2 wear at 120 on the racing line in Europcar but he finds a full track at the end of the arrow and has to slam the brakes for a wear. Denied completion of the Europcar line, Cody is forced to the 80's at 120 for 2 wear. Chris completes the Banc Sabadell 80's and is sitting on the Europcar line for free. Todd drops a wear on the Banc line at 100 and loses another wear in the Europcar 80's. Rando rides the Banc line at 80 for free and is set up on the Europcar line. John takes an RM plot through the La Caixa 80's for free and is sitting on the outside lane.* DC also takes the La Caixa 80's for free. Will follows suit and takes it easy through the La Caixa 80's for free and is just waiting for his opportunity to burn all that wear!

*John is NOT sitting on the Banc Sabadell racing line. Per house rules, RM plots never take advantage of racing lines. Assume John jumped to the outside lane at the end of his plot.

Turn 11 Deadline: Monday, September 29th @ 12 noon EST (4 p.m. GMT)
catT10.gif
Administrator

Post 26 Sep 2014, 10:45 am

Dang it Kal! Get that jalopy off the track if you can't keep pace. You screwed me for a good three turns. Going 80... What the hell?
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Sep 2014, 5:40 pm

You can only blame Kal so much (but yeah, he's like that). Some conditional orders would've saved you a wear. One of the following two would have been sufficient:

1. If forced to brake, do so before the corner.
2. Burn off speed in the 80's if needed.

I'm cool with you pointing the finger at Kal too.

BTW, if anyone is wondering why I'm giving advice to your competitors: This is still a new game at Redscape and many are in the learning process. I've only been able to learn so much myself by virtue of RM'ing the last race. Seeing the actual orders from excellent veteran racers has been invaluable and I am more than happy to convey a little bit of that wisdom.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 27 Sep 2014, 1:24 pm

John sent his plot to Randy instead of me. The plot has been confirmed by Randy and was on time. I've re-adjudicated the turn with the only difference being the placement of John's car and his wear. DC's car was unaffected as he made no mention of the Banc racing line. He stays where he is. (The smudge next to DC is the ghost of John)

Going forward, only plots sent to the RM are valid. Letting the NPR stand was going to be my initial ruling for John based on my Diplomacy experience. However, under Kal's advice, this might seem too harsh for non-Dip players. After this, the more stringent rule is in effect.

The turn 11 deadline has not changed - Monday, September 29th @ 12 noon EST (4 p.m. GMT).
catT10.gif
Administrator

Post 27 Sep 2014, 2:07 pm

You old softie...

I would have done the same.
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 28 Sep 2014, 7:47 am

To Mike's point on being specific, here is an example order from an earlier turn:

Let’s try 120S for speed. This turn could get messy.
I’ll be using the outside corner and 2 wear points, unless braking (or baking) is required.
I prefer the inside lane if available, the only exception would be if a forced pass is necessary.

1. If slip is available and there is a clear path for 7 squares take it.
2. If there is a clear path for 6 squares take it.
3. If slip is available and there is an empty square available 7 spaces in front that requires a pass then try it using 2 skill points on the pass. If there are 2 spaces available, then I would prefer to pass a non-blocking car first and the inside lane car second. If both cars are either blocking or non-blocking, pass on the inside lane.
4. If there is an empty square 6 spaces in front that requires a pass then try it using 2 skill points on the pass. If there are 2 spaces available, then I would prefer to pass a non-blocking car first and the inside lane car second. If both cars are either blocking or non-blocking, pass on the inside lane.
5. If there is a clear path for 5 squares, hit the brakes for 1 wear point, use the outside corner for 1 wear point.

Hope this helps!
Tim
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 28 Sep 2014, 9:40 am

Heh... I think you sent me one plot with about a dozen possibilities. Tim is the master of conditional orders and looking at how he's doing in this race, I recommend you heed his advice!
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 28 Sep 2014, 11:19 am

I didn't want to scare them with the one with so many options!
Ambassador

Post 29 Sep 2014, 2:49 am

bbauska wrote:Dang it Kal! Get that jalopy off the track if you can't keep pace. You screwed me for a good three turns. Going 80... What the hell?

Moi? I have no idea what you mean! :angel:
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 29 Sep 2014, 10:42 am

Turn 11 Summary
Mike continues on the straightaway at 140. Tim performs a stress test on his engine at 160, applying 2 SP to the dice roll (modified 2). Fabio comes out of New Holland at 140. Kal pushes his engine to 140 and applies one of his precious 3 SP chits to avoid the dice roll. Cody takes down 2 wear in New Holland at 120. Brad also burns 2 wear to keep astride of Cody. Todd knocks down a wear in New Holland at 100. Chris takes New Holland for free at 80 and tucks in behind Todd. Rando goes through both the Europcar line and New Holland for free at 80, sliding in behind Chris. John takes the Europcar line for free at 80. DC slows to 60 on the Banc Sabadell 60 but misfires in his plot and doesn't grab the Europcar line. Will drops a wear on the Banc line at 100 and is fortunate to grab the Europcar line for next turn.

Turn 12 Deadline: Wednesday, October 1st @ 12 noon EST (4 p.m. GMT)
catT11.gif