The Redscape Spring has begun!

Game Type: Ancient Mediterranean

Players: 5

Deadlines: Weekly for Spring/Fall, day/time to be decided. Retreats 24 hours after adjudication, Adjustments 48 hours after Fall adjudication. I will adjudicate early for any phase if all orders are marked FINAL.

Victory conditions: 18 Supply Centers or DIAS

Power assignments: Random

Maps: Provided

Communications: E-mail and Redscape forum, and digested in Equinox by Heath Gardner, a Diplomacy Zine.

About the Name: Gallio was a Roman senator in the first century AD. He was the brother of the writer Seneca, and is best known for his impartial ruling on the charges against the Apostle Paul in Corinth.

Rules: Variant rules for Ancient Mediterranean can be found here, care of variantbank.org: http://www.variantbank.org/results/rule ... nt_med.htm

Redscape House Rules are also in effect. The House rules pertain mostly to procedural issues regarding game management. They can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/redscape ... 1367104967

As the GM, I have the final say-so in any arbitration. I will act as fairly and objectively as possible.

NMRs: There will be no NMRs in the first year. Any player who misses Spring 01 or Fall 01 will be immediately dropped and replaced. The season will restart once a new player is brought on.

Orders: Abbreviations are accepted, though complete spellings minimize misunderstandings. Any ambiguous order will result in a unit holding. If you order a unit twice, the second order will take precedence, even if it is an illegal order.

Order Submission: Orders will be submitted to me via email only. In the subject line of your orders, include the game name (“Gallio”), your country, and the season (e.g. Gallio, Persia, Spring 01 Orders). Orders received after the deadline will be accepted up to the point where I begin adjudication. Please feel free to send preliminary orders, and as many changes as you need to. When you submit a change, be sure to submit a full set of orders.

Adjudication: I will be adjudicating by hand and providing final maps after every movement, retreat, and adjustment phase. If you uncover an error in adjudication, notify me right away before the next deadline so I can correct it. I do reserve the right to switch to Realpolitik if this doesn’t go well. :-)

Press: Please use the forum (once we get it up) for any public press you care to dream up in that crafty head of yours! Humorous, thoughtful, provocative, and historical notes make the game so much more interesting. However, I will not tolerate personal attacks against another player; the player's mother; or the player's dog. This is a just a game!

Game Digest in Equinox: Equinox is a diplomacy zine run by Heath Gardner. It is a “sub-zine” of Doug Kent’s Eternal Sunshine, found here: http://www.whiningkentpigs.com/DW/ I will be providing game updates (adjudications, maps, and significant press) for each monthly issue. You are invited, but not required, to follow along with Equinox, and if you have press you wish to include specifically, please provide it to me. Unlike the games Heath is running, this game will not include Black Press. I’m doing this to provide extra exposure for this game and Redscape, as well as to provide extra content for a new zine.

To Sign Up: Please provide your name and email address below, or email me at kalvin (dot) miller (at) gmail (dot) com

Please note that I have borrowed very heavily from George Atkins’ last game announcement, so much so that it would be wrong not to provide credit where it is due. Thanks George!

And we are on! All players are confirmed!

Assignments:

First Deadline will be Tuesday, April 15 at 8:00pm EDT.

As mentioned previously, if everyone is set to go early, just mark your orders FINAL and I will adjudicate early. It will be rare that I adjudicate right at the deadline - I will accept orders/changes up to the point where I start adjudication.

The goal is to get the adjudication done as I await NWO results... :angel:

I will send out a more formal welcome email tonight, and once we have the forum set up I will post the starting maps and other information.