Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
F1 Driver (Pro VI)

Post 25 Jun 2024, 9:16 am

There have been some complaints about re-building teams.

1. Not filling an active roster.
2. Not meeting AB & IP minimums.

There have been more teams going all-in on rebuilding as it can lead to longer term success. There is certainly nothing wrong with that but it does lead to the above issues. So, what kind of changes would get us the best of both worlds (active rosters while rebuilding)?

1. Create minor league specific slots and set maximums on minor league players. (Mike)
2. Fine teams (next year's auction $'s) for not meeting minimums. (Freeman)

Right now, only Brent is not meeting the minimums. He is in a deep rebuild but may have some viable active players next year. Other rebuilders are closer to fielding full teams. Whatever we do, I don't want to punish teams that have already committed to a rebuild.

This is an interesting discussion on the future of the league and would like to hear your thoughts.
Dignitary

Post 15 Jul 2024, 6:25 am

I'm basically fine with it. The only thing that is of concern is that we don't play the teams the same number of times. So some teams will face rebuilders more than others. If there was some way to control for that, there would truly be no problem. This is a small problem that I would like to see addressed, but I don't know how to do that.
F1 Driver (Pro VI)

Post 01 Oct 2024, 10:47 am

@George

We have the competitive balance part of the schedule that pits best v. best and worst v. worst. That's dependent upon previous year's standings so not perfect. I think it's probably the best we could do.

Any other thoughts on nerfing deep rebuilds? I have some recency bias on this but I'm willing to listen. One thing I won't consider is a guillotine league (bottom team gets replaced) :fra1:
Adjutant

Post 01 Oct 2024, 6:09 pm

I prefer an indirect approach.. Don’t tax/punish the non-competitive ones. Just nerf the strategy a little so it’s not quite as appealing.

Adding Minors slots would put a real dent in the advantage of a full rebuild strategy, because the championship-caliber teams would be competing for the scarce resource of top prospects. Put another way - the prospect talent would get spread thinner across the league.

Another possibility: limit Rookie contract renewals. You get one Rookie deal - +1 for 1 year or +1/2 for two years (total of $3). After that, it’s +5/8/9, even if they haven’t reached the majors.