Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Emissary

Post 17 Oct 2011, 2:05 am

This was a fun game to play at (my thanks to Sergio) and a good learning experience.
Rob did an excellent job in GMing.

The initial thought was to attack France. Pre-game talks revealed however that no-one was willing to support such an endeavour. Germany sent one vague email, Italy was just playing with the idea and Russia was in an RT. I guess Darren's reputation precedes him :) thus instead of bringing us all together to eliminate him it seems to have worked as a glue

Now my fear was an imminent FG. I open talks with Russia but as with all pre-game talks suspicion prevents clarity. France and I make the channel dmz and I offered a plan whereby Germany becomes french and I move to scandinavia.

The one mistake I regret was not bouncing Denmark in F 1901 as I originally planned. I had this stupid hope tht Germany will change his mind. :( Had I done so RE was gonna be a success.

After that FG was official and my back was on the wall.

In 1902 two crucial decisions were made.
a) A strong open-minded alliance with Sergio (Russia) as we both saw what FG was planning.
b) to attack Germany. this was a coin flip. Had I attacked france in full force (you know, to take him down with me because he stabbed and all that), this will give Germany the advantage (he ordered holl-north sea). on the other hand, by attacking germany France will gain the seas. But russia can only help against Germany. Hence to break france we had to go through Germany.!!

All in all it was not a bad plan. And I believe it was going to work but for some strange reason Austria moves north before consolidating his dominion, puts pressure on Russia, and insists on offering support to Germany. and then Italy supported Germany!

this was too much thinking for my simple mind.

For me, Austria refused to acknowledge the situation as I explained it to him (to allow a stalemate between R-G and E-F for HIS benefit) and this was crucial not only for me but for Pintoski too. your demise proves it.
Dignitary

Post 19 Oct 2011, 11:53 am

I must admit, that had I had the chance, I would have done my best to eliminate A because of his irritating play, but the DIAS precluded that.
Dignitary

Post 19 Oct 2011, 9:35 pm

Welll. I would have prefered to eliminate Russia because of hie irritating play :smile:
But I took the DIAS because I wanted my Austrian ally to survi\ve.
Dignitary

Post 20 Oct 2011, 8:40 am

:grin:
Btw Darren, when will we get your EOG?
Emissary

Post 20 Oct 2011, 2:05 pm

oh goodies France EOG !!