Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Adjutant

Post 13 Jul 2023, 5:27 pm

Proposed amendment:
During the off-season, auction budget (AU$) and free agent budget (FA$) may be included with trades only under the following conditions:
- AU$ may only be sent in a trade if a player is also being sent by the same team who is already under contract for next season (players on rookie or expiring contracts are not eligible)
- AU$ sent may not exceed the buyout amount of the contract of said player.
- FA$ may not exceed $5 in a single trade and must include at least one player being received in return.
- Total FA$ traded over the course of the off-season may not exceed $50.
Adjutant

Post 17 Jan 2024, 4:39 pm

I have taken Mike’s feedback to heart and humbly submit this revised, simplified amendment:

During the off-season, auction budget (AU$) may be included in trades only under the following conditions:
1. At least one player under contract for next year is also being sent by the same team sending AU$.
2. The amount of AU$ cannot exceed the total buyout amount for the player(s) being sent.
Adjutant

Post 17 Jan 2024, 4:39 pm

I have taken Mike’s feedback to heart and humbly submit this revised, simplified amendment:

During the off-season, auction budget (AU$) may be included in trades only under the following conditions:
1. At least one player under contract for next year is also being sent by the same team sending AU$.
2. The amount of AU$ cannot exceed the total buyout amount for the player(s) being sent.
Adjutant

Post 17 Jan 2024, 4:46 pm

Rationale:
I’d like to emulate the real-world trades where “cash considerations” are used to make the trade palatable for the receiving team. The Braves-Red Sox trade of Grissom for Sale+cash is a perfect example.

I think this will promote more trade activity in the two weeks leading up to the contract submit deadline.
Adjutant

Post 17 Jan 2024, 6:23 pm

Why do we want more trading before the auction? I guess I would rather have over-priced guys get thrown back into the auction pool. It's slim enough pickings as it is. If it works, wouldn't that be the effect, fewer top players in the auction pool?
Adjutant

Post 18 Jan 2024, 9:13 am

No because these guys being traded are already under contract. They’d only be in the pool if their current owner bought them out.