Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Administrator

Post 24 Jul 2023, 4:55 am

I agree on Trump. He is NOT what America needs. I have said that before.

On the other hand, Biden is NOT what America needs. He will be bad for America.

There are others in the wings on both sides.

The fear of Trump is what is guiding those on the left from what is best for America.
Administrator

Post 24 Jul 2023, 4:55 am

I agree on Trump. He is NOT what America needs. I have said that before.

On the other hand, Biden is NOT what America needs either. He will be bad for America.

The fear of Trump is what is guiding those on the left from what is best for America.
Dignitary

Post 24 Jul 2023, 8:33 am

bbauska wrote:I agree on Trump. He is NOT what America needs. I have said that before.

On the other hand, Biden is NOT what America needs either. He will be bad for America.

No, I don't think you agree on Trump. You see equivalence between Trump and Biden. There is a difference between incompetence and and a threat to democracy.

The democracy can survive incompetence. It will get through Mr. Biden one way or another. I don't know that it could survive if we open the door to the guy that tried to do a coup. If he wins in 2024, will he leave in 2029? I don't think so.

You're treating him like any other president, he's not, he's a would-be dictator, and that's terrifying.
Adjutant

Post 24 Jul 2023, 10:38 am

bbauska wrote:I agree on Trump. He is NOT what America needs. I have said that before.

That's the thing: there is no alternative between Trump and Biden. You have to choose one or the other. There is a 0% chance that a No Labels candidate will win. Literally, zero. The only question is who a No Labels candidate would help. My understanding of the polling is that it would help Trump. And in any case I would not want to take the risk that it would do so and support their candidate. And as George has pointed out the risk of selecting Trump is of a different level than a Biden second term. Reagan had Alzheimers during his second term (and obviously we got through the Reagan second term just fine--other people ran the givernment just as RJ indicated they woukd run the government if Biden became incompetent)--Biden has some issues occasionally but he is still mentally competent IMHO. Trump would not voluntarily leave last time and you can bet he won't leave at all if he wins.

In any case, there is a binary choice: Trump or Biden. No Labels is not a viable option. History of American politics and the current political landscape makes that very, very clear. Do you know how much progressive Dems can't stand Manchin? They would never vote for him over Biden. And MAGA is not voting for a No Labels candidate, either. At best a No Labels candidate can do what third-party candidates have always done: play a spoiler role.
Administrator

Post 25 Jul 2023, 6:27 am

Apparently you are right, Geo. We do not see Trump the same way. However, it does not matter, because the premise is the same.

I saw Hillary as an existential threat to the Republic when she ran against Trump. Here's the thing, though. I VOTED MY CONSCIENCE FOR EVAN MCMULLIN. After 4 years of Trump, I saw the economy get better. I did not like the post election debacle, and shenanigans. I will not be voting for Trump because of that.

I am not talking about one candidate over another. I am talking about people having enough fortitude to vote their heart/soul/conscience rather than just vote for whomever has a R or D behind their name. I expected more intelligence from the left. Perhaps a mechanic from Wewahitchka, FL can vote MAGA because he doesn't have the ability to process as well, and needs to be shepherded around like the sheep he would be acting like.

My point is, and always has been:
AMERICA DESERVES MORE THAN 2 CHOICES. Especially when these two are not the best. Perhaps that is what I should ask.

Do you think Biden is the best Democrat? Is Trump the best Republican? Don't answer one question without answering the other. I will start and show how it is done.

Biden - No
Trump - No

See...? It is easy.

If these are not the best, why do we vote for them?
Statesman

Post 25 Jul 2023, 8:15 am

MAGA is only 30%; it's the other Republicans who have to reject Trump.

According to 538, its more like 52%

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/po ... /national/
Adjutant

Post 25 Jul 2023, 8:55 am

bbauska wrote:Apparently you are right, Geo. We do not see Trump the same way. However, it does not matter, because the premise is the same.

I saw Hillary as an existential threat to the Republic when she ran against Trump. Here's the thing, though. I VOTED MY CONSCIENCE FOR EVAN MCMULLIN. After 4 years of Trump, I saw the economy get better. I did not like the post election debacle, and shenanigans. I will not be voting for Trump because of that.

I am not talking about one candidate over another. I am talking about people having enough fortitude to vote their heart/soul/conscience rather than just vote for whomever has a R or D behind their name. I expected more intelligence from the left. Perhaps a mechanic from Wewahitchka, FL can vote MAGA because he doesn't have the ability to process as well, and needs to be shepherded around like the sheep he would be acting like.

My point is, and always has been:
AMERICA DESERVES MORE THAN 2 CHOICES. Especially when these two are not the best. Perhaps that is what I should ask.

Do you think Biden is the best Democrat? Is Trump the best Republican? Don't answer one question without answering the other. I will start and show how it is done.

Biden - No
Trump - No

See...? It is easy.

If these are not the best, why do we vote for them?

What you say would be nice in some idyllic America that wasn't controlled by two parties. But we live in a real world with choices. A lot of times in life you are faced with two choices, neither one is terribly great. But you have to choose. And this is the case with regard to the 2024 presidential election. (Now because of our silly electoral college this only really matters in maybe 10-15 states but the point remains). What you're saying has literally no chance of happening. It's Biden or Trump. The stakes are too high to invest in some alternative that won't happen.

Biden--Yes.

See? It is easy.
Administrator

Post 25 Jul 2023, 11:56 am

All I see is that you cannot even answer hypothetical questions.
Statesman

Post 25 Jul 2023, 12:46 pm

bbauska

He's already been President for 3 years. How bad has it been?
One of his boosters list 23 main accomplishments . Are they bad things?

https://www.upworthy.com/joe-biden-s-23 ... tes-so-far

Biden routinely touts a $1.7 trillion drop in the deficit on his watch as a top accomplishment. was that a bad thing?

i mean I don't get it? How has he failed?
especially in comparison to Trump...
Administrator

Post 25 Jul 2023, 12:47 pm

Freeman,
Do you really think Biden is the best Democrat?
Administrator

Post 25 Jul 2023, 12:55 pm

RickyP,
Perhaps you don't get it. It is not a comparison of Biden v Trump. It is a discussion about the best candidate on each side.

Do you think Biden is the best Democrat?
Is Trump the best Republican?

Don't answer one question without answering the other.
Adjutant

Post 25 Jul 2023, 5:49 pm

bbauska wrote:Freeman,
Do you really think Biden is the best Democrat?

Biden has an enormous amount of experience and has built up relationships in the Congress. His ability with the slimmest of majority control in the Senate to get a major bipartisan infrastructure bill passed and a climate bill passed and a 1.9 trillion Covid funding bill that kept our economy going passed were major achievement that I doubt another Democrat could have done. His handling of the Russia-Ukraine war--rallying NATO and putting Russia on its heels--was sure and deft. He he has wisdom and experience and toughness. I do think these mental gaffes are overstated--he had gaffes when he was younger--and he is still the best guy for the job. Republicans want to make this is a big issue because they know he is the toughest Dem to beat.

Even if I thought someone else was theoretically better...Biden is still the guy who has the best chance to beat the guy who tried an attempted coup. That's the main issue. There is nothing else to think about.
Administrator

Post 25 Jul 2023, 6:42 pm

Well, If Trump does not run, your candidate's main ability is lost.

If that is all the Dems have for a back-up plan as the ace in the hole, I find that sad.
Adjutant

Post 25 Jul 2023, 8:33 pm

The main thing is things keep chugging along, our basics rights are protected, there are still elections, we still have freedom of speech. Except for DeSantis/Trump there is no other candidate who causes those kinds of concerns. But Repubs are not considering anyone but those two, both are authoritarians. For us, that is what is at stake. And the fact you can't see that is sad...because once we lose our freedoms, they ain't easy to get back. I honestly don't know what you're worried about with Biden, certainly nothing fundamental to our country's basic rights/freedoms no matter how incompetent you think he is.
Administrator

Post 26 Jul 2023, 6:56 am

I prefer Tim Scott.

As for Biden, he is a harmless and senile old man. The reason I want someone other than a Democrat is because of the pushing of the "woke" agenda and and pushes against freedom of religion. Show me a Democrat who is willing to stand up against the Left agenda on those items, and I will consider it.

You have given me nothing in that area of anyone better than a harmless senile fool. Perhaps that is all the Dems have...