Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Emissary

Post 21 Nov 2019, 1:27 pm

Dear Redscapers,

I remember many years when surfing to Redscape was fun for any number of reasons. One could stand to learn quite a bit from the many minds here who would comment on politics and other topics.

In those days I visited the site often, always knowing I would get alternative arguments for and against whatever the topic of the day was.

There were many fine minds that would share their take on given political situations, movers and shakers etc.

I've noticed since the election of President Donald J. Duck, that activity on Redscape, specifically its political page, is scant.

My guess as to why?

Politics in America has become such an overthetop cartoon led by spoiled children, that all of us, myself included, no longer have the energy to debate anything.

The vitriol, the spins, the lies, the partisan insanity, the talking heads who are more concerned about their own brands than doing actual reporting, has finally taken its toll on quite a few of us.

I hope I am wrong with my assessment, but it seems like Redscape has become a ghost town.

And that is a damn shame.
Adjutant

Post 21 Nov 2019, 7:17 pm

"President Donald J. Duck"

I think you've answered your own question. Civil Discourse with the enemy isn't possible. No point in discussions anymore.
Administrator

Post 22 Nov 2019, 9:59 am

One of the saddest aspects of Redscape. It used to be vibrant and engaging. Dag described it perfectly. It is a ghost town. It is not only on Redscape where the general tone toward each other has gotten worse civilly. I grew up in a family of all liberals, and I felt like Michael J Fox in "Family Ties". We had discussions, but were always civil.

I am not perfect, and have been snippy with a couple people on Redscape, and hereby apologize for any damage that I have done to the fellow denizens of Redscape
lisa_benson_current_cartoon_2019-11-22_5_.jpg