Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Administrator

Post 05 Apr 2011, 6:48 am

Certainly wasn't me. Hypocrisy IS a big deal.
Ambassador

Post 05 Apr 2011, 12:48 pm

GMTom wrote:Excuse me guys, You claim Obama is being treated even remotely the same as Bush by those on the left? We can point o plenty of Conservatives who also lambasted Bush. You CLAIM Obama is facing similar situations ...and use redscape Conservatives postings as an example? How about a reality check, how many complaints do you really hear in the news from Liberals? I hear some noise from the left but it's just about as loud as the crickets, pretty deafening silence!

You can no doubt pull out a blog or two, but how about REAL complaints how about main stream media complaints? We had it daily with Bush, Ray Jay stated himself that Obama is doing the same thing ...why not the same coverage?

Today's New York Times's lead editorial used descriptions like "cowardice", "punting justice offshore", "crumbled", "retreat", "embarrassment", "failed", "cower", "pandering", "missed opportunity" the day after Obama / Holder's decision. Those seem like real complaints from a liberal MSM source to me.
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 05 Apr 2011, 1:05 pm

danivon wrote:Tom, you appear to be putting words into my mouth yet again. Please try to resist the urge to do so.

For the record, I am very unhappy that military trials will be used. I don't differ from my views of the time when we discussed this before. It is clearly the case that cowardice by Congressional Democrats has led to legal restrictions on what the Executive can do, and the latter are not bending the rules. I guess there is a difference to the Bush years when Congress was more supine and the Executive did bend the law.

Mind you, a few years ago I remember being told on this site that hypocrisy was not a big deal. Can't quite remember which member it was, but it was in defence of the government of the day. I guess a change in power leads to a shifting of feet all over the place

I just don't see any moral high ground for Holder/Obama in this. They said (when they 1st pitched the idea) that if the civilian court didn't convict that they would just rearrest him. A civilian trial with those stipulations achieves less than a military trial. But nice try on Holder/Obama's part on trying take kudos they don't deserve.
Ambassador

Post 05 Apr 2011, 1:27 pm

Ray Jay wrote:Today's New York Times's lead editorial used descriptions like "cowardice", "punting justice offshore", "crumbled", "retreat", "embarrassment", "failed", "cower", "pandering", "missed opportunity" the day after Obama / Holder's decision. Those seem like real complaints from a liberal MSM source to me.
Zoink!