Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Administrator

Post 28 Mar 2011, 3:39 pm

The recipients sign a form saying they will use the funds for needs for them and their family. In that regard it is fraud. Certainly not prosecutable however.
Ambassador

Post 28 Mar 2011, 3:54 pm

Of course it's not prosecutable, it's so vague as to be pointless. This is why welfare systems have proper rules, so that you can actually say what the fraud is. Otherwise, it's just subjective.
Administrator

Post 28 Mar 2011, 7:51 pm

Exactly. My point in the beginning is that when someone is being helped, they should have some sense of responsibility to use the money as intended. It is frustrating to me that the people on welfare use the money for beer and strip clubs, rather than for food. If they are so "in need" why use the money for strip clubs. They have a "right" to use the money for that, but is it a proper use of the money. Are there people who are in need who could use that money for their kids? I would believe so.
Ambassador

Post 30 Mar 2011, 3:09 am

But that is not fraud. Sorry, but it's not. You give people money who qualify for it, but that doesn't mean that you have set rules on how they can spend it. Yes, it's frustrating (but most welfare money is not wasted so). There's no guarantee that taking it from them will mean it goes to someone 'more deserving'.

You want to enforce personal responsibility? Seems slightly contradictory to me.
Administrator

Post 30 Mar 2011, 6:58 am

That is why the forum is called welfare abuse. The State of Washington is trying to make strip club actions a crime of fraud. Do I want to enforce personal responsibility? If I could I would.

When I give someone money, I cannot set the rules after they get the money. That is true. I can not give them any more money, however. That is what I would like to see changed. If you use the money the Government gives you for food and family needs for strip clubs and bars then the money should not be given any more. (IMO)

Would it get to someone more deserving? Hopefully. If not the first time, then eventually.