Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 17 Sep 2021, 11:09 am

Please post race and/or track comments here.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 17 Sep 2021, 11:26 am

I think I had a competitive car - the problem was my race plan. I was running it quite inefficiently for the first lap and a half and just couldn't catch up after that. I did not put enough time into my prep and I'm not even sure I deserved 4th. The busted brakes were a non-issue so I can't really complain about dice.

Brent, the last half of your race was a pleasure to watch. Everyone wondered what the heck you were doing letting Stephen by you before the long straight. Brilliant!

Thanks to Stephen, as always, for the assist on RM'ing duties. I'm getting you that tablet!

Last but not least, a big welcome to Chris, an old Speed Circuit player but new to CFR. I hope you both enjoyed the race and picked up some strategies for future races.

See y'all in California!
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 17 Sep 2021, 12:13 pm

First of all, very enjoyable group and race. Thanks to all who participated and to Mike for organizing the tournament and running our race. Congrats to Brent and Rando for 1st and 2nd.

Track - Fun track. Amazing how slow the first part seems, then it moves fast on and after the backstretch. My test was 39 turns, which is about where we finished. (Sorry for being wrong verbally. I didn't actually sum it up until this morning.)

Build - I went for my typical underwhelming build, which might have worked if we were running time trials. With traffic, the 40/40 can be a liability. I really need to expand my repertoire.

Bid - wanted 1-2 row, so I was pleased with 2nd row. Start went well.

Early race - first 2.5 laps went fairly to plan, except for brain fades or misplays on my part. It would have been interesting to see if having those wasted resources near the end would have mattered. (I don't think so for 1st. I would have likely held on to 2nd.) The two biggest mistakes were the 3w/1s use in turn 12 (instead of 2w) and the 140 speed misplay in turn 20 (wasted 1s).

End - Brent ran a great race, using his resources where needed to get the advantage. I liked his strategery at the time since I thought it helped me. Looking at in hindsight, it hurt me slightly, but with the big car discrepancy, Brent had the race in the bag at that point. I was just trying to stay 2nd. Unfortunately Rando's successful 3s-chance, wear advantage and car advantage were too much for my position advantage to hold off. Nice driving Rando.

Welcome to Chris and welcome back to everyone else. See you in California.