Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Adjutant

Post 16 Mar 2015, 12:58 pm

You know it's amazing how Clarke was spot on about a lot of things, but I think we're going to have to wait a while to see if his predictions will come true or not. 2001 may not have arrived exactly in 2001 but so what; it might take a while for the United States, as he predicted, to have "meatless days"; or for the world to have 33 nuclear powers. (or for there to be rotating space stations and a lunar colony.)

Another thing I was wondering, is if you knew anything about the "Constellation" mission my country was supposed to have launched, and George W Bush even put the wheels in motion. They were supposed to build a base on the Moon (eventually)...but do you remember hearing anything about Mars in the process? Like if that was the ultimate goal? I'll look at NASA's website but I doubt I am going to find anything there since the program was scrapped by Obama for lack of money.
Adjutant

Post 16 Mar 2015, 1:03 pm

Oh yeah it's at the bottom, but I had to look under "Orion", which was the crew vehicle. It says they are designing a long range craft for transport to Mars.
http://www.nasa.gov/exploration/systems/mpcv/index.html#.VQc3MeG0IgQ