Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 18 Mar 2014, 4:58 pm

I'm opting to run it by hand so I don't have to install RP on my *coughworkpccough*. Going to use Pixlr Editor in Chrome for maps and Google Docs to track my orders...we'll see how this goes.

I've never really liked RP. :-/

Here's a list on DipPouch...beware the broken links though: http://www.diplom.org/Online/mapsoftware.html

Maybe have a look at DipTool, Dario.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 19 Mar 2014, 1:46 pm

It looks like I'll have to do tracks by hand to go beyond the three basic ones AH produced. Here's my first effort. Not too shabby and the info is readable. Fortunately, the fella running the league (referenced below) has created a LOT of tracks for the game - this being one example.

I joined a league and will start racing in several weeks. The GM is starting a fourth circuit because there is so much demand (F1 through F4 with promotion and relegation, about 12 cars per circuit). Looking forward to it. The only thing that's missing is a website for posting - it's all email.

Yeah, yeah, I know those aren't F1 or Indy cars - in fact they look kind of like VW Bugs.

So who's gonna play?!

(See what I did there, Kal?)
Test.jpg
Ambassador

Post 20 Mar 2014, 7:59 am

SLOTerp wrote:(See what I did there, Kal?)

I have no idea what you're talking about, Mike. :cool: But, I still find myself reading the rules so that we can extend the Battle of Northern Virginia onto the race track.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 20 Mar 2014, 6:07 pm

All it takes is one (notice how what I did worked so well that Kal still has no idea what I did... bwaa ha ha ha).

Brad, kindly set up a forum and I'll move my gearhead stuff there. Not that I'm a gearhead but I did go to an Indy race once at the Milwaukee Mile.

Kal, if you'd like to see how it works, I'll set up a one lap test race on a simple track. The primary purpose would be to post turns and show off the game. There are some slightly different rules I plan on using but nothing major. Anybody can join the test - you can race up to 12 cars on most tracks. After that, I can look to setting up a circuit if there is interest.

p.s. Nice press at Fire & Blood!
Administrator

Post 20 Mar 2014, 6:23 pm

Forum made.

I would like to race as well!
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 20 Mar 2014, 6:33 pm

Thank you and welcome to the asphalt!

I suspect we'll start the test sometime next week. It'll probably take about a month to run that and then we'll see...
Ambassador

Post 20 Mar 2014, 7:13 pm

SLOTerp wrote:All it takes is one (notice how what I did worked so well that Kal still has no idea what I did... bwaa ha ha ha).

Brad, kindly set up a forum and I'll move my gearhead stuff there. Not that I'm a gearhead but I did go to an Indy race once at the Milwaukee Mile.

Kal, if you'd like to see how it works, I'll set up a one lap test race on a simple track. The primary purpose would be to post turns and show off the game. There are some slightly different rules I plan on using but nothing major. Anybody can join the test - you can race up to 12 cars on most tracks. After that, I can look to setting up a circuit if there is interest.

p.s. Nice press at Fire & Blood!

I'm in, and thanks! There was some lively follow up to the email so I thought any lurkers might enjoy it as well.

Also, is it Monza Racing or Speed Circuit?
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 20 Mar 2014, 7:50 pm

It's Speed Circuit. Brad fixed it - and he's playing!
Ambassador

Post 21 Mar 2014, 7:57 am

Let's split the discussion of the next wave of games into a new topic. I've created a call for GMs here: http://www.redscape.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2554

If we don't like "The Redscape Spring" as an umbrella name, we can change it.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 24 Mar 2014, 12:51 pm

Ohhhhhh.... that's what 'Global Announcement' does.

I won't do that again!