Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 03 Jan 2021, 4:42 am

As always, it's been a lot of fun for me, I hope it was for you.

First, Bauska loses his brake while leading going into Nordkurve on the last lap which left Peeples, Kennington and Schulz in the lead group.

Then a late spin by Kennington who was side-by-side for the lead at the time gave Peeples the clear path to his second victory this season. Although he may have won it anyway, it would have been fun to watch them duke it out. This was quite different from his flag to flag win at Imola.

Most of the early race had two chase packs but they became one on lap 3. Sometimes that can be a bad thing for the guys in the back of the pack as there is just nowhere to go to try to advance your position.

As interesting as the lead fight is the battle for the final points position. There have been times when 1 point has made a difference, and Miller and Blizzard traded that position a couple of times in the closing stages of the race, until Blizzard spun in the hairpin trying to save wear.
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 07 Jan 2021, 9:58 pm

Jim, nicely done, as always. Appreciate your efforts. Definitely a lot of fun.

I enjoyed the race. But things didn't go exactly as planned.

Build: My car was pretty standard for me. A higher top speed for the straightaways. Interesting variety of builds.

Bid: The plan was to be on first row. After seeing the bids, I was sure I had overspent. Most of the field saved their resources for the race itself.

Lap 1: The race started as planned, but Bauska and Schultz were determined to not let me keep the lead. I had to be be patient and let the race play out, as opposed to burning excess wear to stay in the lead. Mistake on Turn 9 taking the slip and giving up the line. After Schultz went 120, I realized I would've ended up in the same place for less wear. Still would have been a mistake even without the slip.

Lap 2: Fairly uneventful. Kennington joins the lead party while Bauska burns thru his wear and his brakes to stay in the lead.

Lap 3: Felt good in 4th with a sizable wear advantage. Had to be patient and wait for the opportunity to come. Came in Turn 29, for the lead and eventual win.

Turn 35: What a finish. That was some pack coming through.

Wrap-up: I liked the track. Plenty of opportunities to pass and slip. I'm starting to like the tracks that are mostly 3-wide.

- Stephen