6. Tim B

Finish Results:

1. Chris L
2. James B
3. Josh
4. Jim M
5. Tim K
6. Tim B

This felt like a very heavily race-from-the-front style track to me. There's plenty of place for people spend some wear to make up space, but much like Monaco, it's very easy for the person in front to make the one behind bleed wear.

But to me, corner 3 is the real problem in the track. I was able to easily slow-play that corner in the first lap, which gained me a turn on James. I was one space ahead of him for the first two turns, slow-played that corner, but by being the only one clearing it I was the only one who made it through corner 5, basically gaining a turn on James.

By the time lap 2 started, James caught up but he had to spend a ton of wear to catch back up, then had to spend another 4 wear to pass me. It was expensive.

That said, there's more than one spot on the track to potentially gain a turn, which is the kind of thing that tracks need.

In this particular case I think our race was hurt by the lower number of racers. If Chris K hadn't gotten sick and been able to race, I think I would have had much tougher competition through those first three corners, and we'd both be through corner 5 together. That fight would have bled us both out of wear, and helped all the racers behind us.

Instead, I was able to run the first lap on 5 wear, with 14 left for the other two laps. Until James caught up to me in lap 2, I honestly thought I might finish the race with wear left.

What did everyone else think?
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 21 Aug 2020, 2:15 am

I very much agree, at least in our race it seemed to be a finish where you start track for 4 out of 6 of us, and making up ground was expensive!