Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 26 May 2020, 2:06 pm

Hello drivers! My name is Jack Beckman, and I will be your Steward for the Season 7 of the Redscape C1races. Some of you have not raced with me before, so please read this email in its entirety and ask questions about anything that’s not clear to you.

Welcome to new drivers (to C1 this season) Mike P, Fabio P. Bruce R. and Cody K. !

I will be running a fairly strict schedule, with plots due Monday/Wednesday/Friday at 5 PM ET (US) unless I say otherwise. Plots that are late will not be accepted unless you can show it was actually sent before the deadline. I will respond to every build/bid/plot, usually with a terse “Got it” or something similar. I know some drivers like to add commentary/thoughts to their plots, and I do enjoy reading them, but usually I don’t comment so as to make sure I don’t give something away. If you have sent in your plot but have not received an acknowledgement from me, and the deadline is closing in, send it again. Don’t assume that I got it! Also, even if your plot seems obvious to you, and you plan to use the default, please send one anyway. If I have all plots in early, I will process the turn early, which will help us stay on target for the inevitable delays at times. I will *try* to send out reminders, but I often don’t have the time to do so - do not rely on me reminding you!

Note that in addition to plots being mailed out, all plots will be available at Redscape at posting.php?mode=post&f=235 , so if you think you are missing a post you should always check there (I post to the web site before mailing out).

If I don’t receive a plot on time, I will use the guidelines set out by Redscape at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vuC ... obilebasic to move your car. This plot is designed so that you will spend minimal wear all the way around the track. You may not enjoy where you end up with one of these plots. Om addition, there are a series of penalties for late/missing plots described in those rules. The first instance is a warnin; after that you will start losing wear and could be disqualified from the race. If you have not read that document, I urge you to do so.

There are a series of defaults for how I will process your plot. You can override these defaults on a given turn by letting me know what you would like (such as “if line blocked, spend more wear and go inside, get me through corner”, etc.).

When plotting, please take into account that you may not be able to get the line/lane/space you are shooting for and have a backup plot listed if possible. Otherwise I will use the defaults and best judgement.

If you have a question about whether or not something is allowed, please feel free to ask. I cannot offer advice, but I will help you with the rules. If you have any questions about what you can and cannot do, please ask rather than assume.

Please know now that I *will* make mistakes - moving cars to the wrong place, mis-interpreting your plot, forgetting to take wear/skill (or taking too much). Please AUDIT what I have done with your car and let me know as soon as possible about any potential issues! The sooner I know about them the easier they are to fix. If you tell me 6 turns later that you should have been one space further up, it’s probably too late to fix.

We have 13 drivers for this season. We normally only have 12 maximum, but one driver initially was going to drop, then later was able to stay, but by then promotion/demotion numbers had been given out, so rather than penalize anyone we decided to allow 13 in C1. It *will* make for a crowded track at times, so take that into account!

Attached is a list of drivers from last season with their assigned cars, as well as the 4 open cars. For you drivers just entering C1, please select an open car. I would prefer that the existing C1 drivers retain their cars, but if you really feel a need to change, please select a new car and let me know. If two drivers are amenable trades are also possible, but I need and email from each driver stating such. Cars are first come, first served, so get your requests in soon!

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 4.40.03 PM.png

The first race will be at Imola.Attached is the track map. Please use this to build your cars. The Car Set-up Table can be found at http://www.lucidphoenix.com/sc/rules/core/setup.asp . You have a TOTAL of 2 points to build your car. Note that you are building your car for this race only; you will start from scratch for subsequent races. If you can’t see the attachment please let me know as soon as possible!

After building, I will send out all the car builds and we will bid for pole.

Car builds are due MONDAY, 1 June @ 5 PM ET (US). If I don’t get a build from you, you might not participate in this race, so please send me your builds. Don’t wait until Monday to start on it. Bids will be due Wednesday, 3 June @ 5 PM, and the starting lights will go out (first plot due(Friday, 5 June @ 5 PM).

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 5.05.27 PM.png
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 27 May 2020, 4:21 pm

Bruce brought up a good question - since we have 13 cars, one car will be starting 7 rows back. What if the car in front of him stalls on the grid and that car has nowhere to go?

For the Start (only) if this situation occurs - a car is stopped in front of you and you start in the back, where the track is only 2-wide, you will co-exist in that space with no penalty (this is similar to what happens when cars come out of the pits if using the pitting rules). The stalled car will have lower priority on the next turn than the car that was not stalled (which probably won’t matter, as the non-stalled car will probably be going faster anyway).

So the car in the back will have a temporary space to get around the stalled car in front.

In addition, on the start (and until all cars move off the the spaces in rows 6 and 7), the speed limits in those two rows are not in effect. This really should not affect anyone unless you chose a 100 start speed and start in the back for some reason, but just in case.

Basically, treat the entire starting grid as though it were 3-wide. Once cars move from those rows, the track will be as displayed.
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 01 Jun 2020, 2:54 pm

Here’s the results of the builds for the field. Bids for pole (0.5 for skill and 1 for wear) are due Wednesday, 3 June @ 5 PM ET (US). A bid of zero is legal. Ties will be adjudicated via virtual die roll of percentile dice. Any bid not received on time will be a zero bid.

UPDATE - see the corrected version below, Cody's car is different.

Redscape C1 Season 7 Race 1 Builds.png
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 03 Jun 2020, 4:21 pm

Drivers, here is the result of qualifying and the starting grid. Turn 1 plot due Friday, 5 June @ 5 PM ET (US).

Redscape C1 Season 7 Race 1 Builds and Bids.png

Redscape C1 Season 7 Race 1 Turn 0.png
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 03 Jun 2020, 4:34 pm

Drivers,

Sorry, I missed at least 2 bids that I counted as 0. Please wait for an update later this evening. I am also stuck working so it may be late.
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 03 Jun 2020, 6:54 pm

OK, here are the corrected graphics. Note that there were some changes of course as I missed John and Jim's bids, both of which then required rolls.

Plot still due Friday, 5 June @ 5 PM ET (US).

Redscape C1 Season 7 Race 1 Builds and Bids CORRECTED.png

Redscape C1 Season 7 Race 1 Turn 0 CORRECTED.png

Hopefully this is correct...
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 03 Jun 2020, 7:10 pm

Arg. I can see this lucky 13 race will be a lot of “fun”. Chris and Jeff should be swapped on the track, Jeff on the inside and Chris outside.
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 05 Jun 2020, 5:35 pm

The lights go out and the tires squeal!

Spoiler: everybody but Bruce, Don, and Tim rolled to push their start (and there were a couple of other rolls as well) and everyone made them all, so I won’t dwell on details - see the boxes if you want them.

Bruce takes off at 100.Dave pushes to 80.

Claudio pushes to 120 and pulls outside of Bruce for P2.

Fabio pushes to 40.

Jim pushes to 120 and takes P4.

Mario pushes to 120 and takes P5.

Mike pushes to 40 and goes to the middle lane.

John pushes to 40 and goes inside of Mike for position.

Cody pushes to 80 and is forced outside to go around John and Mike, ending on the inside once past Start/Finish.

Don starts at 60 and pulls outside of Mike.

Chris pushes to 120 but is blocked by the 3-wide row. Undaunted, he force-passes (unblocked, 2sk = 5 OK) and pulls up outside of Fabio for P7, passing 5 cars.

Jeff pushes to 80, but with nowhere to go thanks to the wall and not wishing to force-pass, tests brakes(2sk, 1=OK) back down to 60.

Tim runs at 60 and pulls inside behind Jeff.

Sorry the track has gotten blurry. My workflow switches between Windows and Mac, and when I did that with the original graphic, it spun it 90 degrees. So I had to change graphic types, and this one doesn’t save as well. Still I believe it should be readable; if you need help reading a speed in a corner let me know.

Next plot due Monday, 8 June @ 5 PM ET (US).

Redscape C1 Season 7 Race 1 Turn 1.png
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 08 Jun 2020, 2:37 pm

Claudio slows to 100 and takes the 60s for 2w to move into P1.

Bruce takes the 60s at 80 for 1w.

Dave starts at 120, then late brakes to 100 (1w) and takes the 60s for 2w.

Jim slows to 80 and takes the 60s for 1w.

Mario takes the 60/80 at 80 for 1w.

Chris stays at 120 and runs onto the center 80 for 2w.

Fabio speeds up to 80.

Cody does 120 and takes P7.

Don mashes the gas to 140 and pulls outside of Cody for P8.

John runs at 100.

Mike does 100 and gets a slip from Cody to go into P10.

Jeff does 100.

Tim does 120 and pulls beside Jeff.

I know the point display above the boxes is messed up; I am working on it. This was not designed for 13 cars.

Next plot due Wednesday, 10 June @ 5 PM ET (US).

Redscape C1 Season 7 Race 1 Turn 2.png
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 10 Jun 2020, 2:12 pm

Claudio runs at 120 over the 100 for 1w.

Bruce follows at 120.

Dave speeds up to 140.

Jim does 120 and pulls behind Bruce.

Mario allo does 120 and pulls behind Jim.

Chris slows to 100 and takes the 80/60 (already paid).

Cody takes the 60s for free.

Don also takes the 60s for free - this causes no end of “fun” for the cars behind (and your Steward…<g>).

Fabio runs at 120 and has nowhere to go, so he late brakes before the corner (1w) and then goes on the 100 and then finally into the 60 for 2w (and is thus saved from rolling Chance…)

Mike does a more sedate 60 on the 60/80 for free.

John runs the middle 80s at 80 for free.

Tim runs at 120 and is forced to the outside for 1w.

Jeff is also forced outside into the 100s at 100 for free.

Next plot due Friday, 12 June @ 5 PM ET (US).

Redscape C1 Season 7 Race 1 Turn 3.png
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 12 Jun 2020, 2:30 pm

Claudio takes the line at 100 for 2w.

Bruce runs over the 100 at 100 for free and grabs the line behind Claudio.

Dave takes the 100 at 100 and pulls inside.

Jim does the same but grabs the line on the outside.

Mario takes the 120 at 120 for free.

Chris takes the 100 at 100 for free.

Cody speeds up to 120 and grabs the big space before the 120.

Don does 140,

Fabio speeds up to 120.

Mike does the same and pulls behind.

Tim stays at 100 and pays an additional wear to cross the 60 and pull up behind Mike.

John takes the 80s at 80 for free.

Jeff slows to 60 and takes the 60 for free.

Next plot due Monday, 15 July @ 5 PM ET (US).

Redscape C1 Season 7 Race 1 Turn 4.png
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 15 Jun 2020, 2:35 pm

Claudio finishes the line at 100.

Bruce takes the line at 80 for 1w.

Jeremy starts at 100 on the line, then his spotters tell him to slow down (late brake, 1sk = 9 OK) so he goes to 80 for 1w and pulls behind Bruce.

Dave takes the inside at 80 for 2w and pulls into P2.

Mario slows to 100 and goes outside for 2w.

Chris stays at 100 and dives into the 40, easily cornering on fresh tires (2w, 3 sk Chance = 2 OK).

Cody grabs the line at 100.

Don takes the 100 space for 1w at 120 and dives inside of Cody for P7.

Fabio takes the 100 at 100 for free and pulls behind Don.

Make takes the 100 for free and grabs the line.

Tim takes the 100 for free and stops in the center.

John takes the 120 at 120 for free.

Jeff follows John at 100 and with the slip pulls behind him.

One the good news front, I was able to get the graphic back to the sharp version again, no more eyestrain.

Next plot due Wednesday, 17 June @ 5 PM ET (US).

Redscape C1 Season 7 Race 1 Turn 5.png
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 17 Jun 2020, 1:14 pm

Claudio takes the line at 100 for free.

Dave runs onto the line at 120.

Bruce dives inside of Dave at 120 for P2.

Jim runs at 100 and with a slip starts the line.

Mario does 140 and pulls inside of Jim for P4.

Chris speeds up to 140 (Paid) but is forced to late brake with a wall of cars in front of him down to 120 (2sk = 5, OK).

Codytakes the line at 60 for free.

Don takes the inside at 40 for free.

Fabio takes the middle 40s at 80 for 2w.

Mike is forced outside at 100 for 2w.

Tim slows to 80 and takes the 40 space for 2w.

John stays at 120 and goes outside on the 100 for 1w.

Jeff runs onto the line at 100.

Next plot due Friday, 19 July @ 5 PM ET (US).

Redscape Season 7 Race 1 Turn 6.png
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 19 Jun 2020, 1:19 pm

Claudio speeds up to 120 and grabs the next line.

Bruce takes the outside 100s at 100 for free.

Dave takes the line at 100 for free and pulls ahead of Bruce for P2.

Mario takes the 80 space at 100 for 1w and pulls outside of Bruce.

Jim takes the outside 100s at 100 for free.

Chris takes the line at 100 for free and pulls outside of Jim.

Don slams down the gas, trying to coax his car to 140 with a 100 ACC. However, instead theres a *crunch* (Test Acc, 1 sk = 10 FAIL) and he does 120 onto the line.

Cody does 120 and takes the inside for P7.

Fabio starts at 120 but his spotters warn there’s nowhere to go, so he late brakes (1w) to 100 and pulls behind Cody.

Mike speeds up to 140, and gets the same call from his spotters, slamming the brakes (late brake, 1 sk = 8 OK) down to 120 and pulling outside of Fabio.

Tim speeds up to 120 (already paid and then receives that same call, so he hits the binders (1sk = 7 OK) and slows to 100, pulling behind Fabio.

John slows to 60.

Jeff does 760 on the line for free and pulls inside John for P12.

Next plot due Monday, 22 June @ 5 PM ET (US).

Redscape C1 Season 7 Race 1 Turn 7.png
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 22 Jun 2020, 4:02 pm

Claudio takes the line at 80 for free.

Dave does the same at 80.

Brice takes the outside 80s at 100 for 1w.

Mario takes the inside 60 at 100 for 2w and pulls inside of Dave for P2.

Chris takes the line at 100 for 1w, moving into P5.

Jim grabs the line at 80.

Cody speeds up to 140 and takes the 100s for 2w. Don takes the line at 100 for free.

Fabio takes the line at 120 for 1w and with a slip from Cody pulls along side him for P8.

Mike and Tim both take the line at 100 for free.

Jeff mashes the pedal to get to 120 (test ACC, 2 sk = 3 OK) and grabs the line.

John speeds up to 120 and pulls inside of Jeff for P12.

Next plot due Wednesday, 24 June @ 5 PM ET (US).

Redscape C1 Season 7 Race 1 Turn 8.png