Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Adjutant

Post 08 Apr 2019, 5:32 pm

Players who have not played at least one game in the majors this season, as defined by the website provider for the league, are not considered to be in the FA pool and are not eligible for acquisition under normal circumstances.

During the playoffs, teams which are not in the championship bracket may make one “prospect add” who can be kept, if eligible, on a rookie contract for the following season. All players in the minor or major leagues are eligible.

Prospects may also be drafted during the auction.
Adjutant

Post 09 Apr 2019, 5:59 am

I do like the idea of restricting the pickup of non MLB players. Although tracking if they have played a game in the majors that season could be difficult. Additionally we would need some means to have fair acquisition for all teams. Like a FAAB waiver process, for new call ups.
Adjutant

Post 09 Apr 2019, 6:44 pm

I was hoping that using “this player has played in the majors” would be easier to track than “this player is on a 40 man roster” or even “this player is on a 25 man roster”.

I can see your point about possibly needing FAAB here, but I figure that at least a guy’s MLB premiere would be well publicized, and we could say something like he can’t be picked up until the next day ... maybe even with waivers. I guess that would depend on Fantrax’s capabilities. I’ll look into it.
Adjutant

Post 10 Apr 2019, 5:07 am

All of my assumptions of how things will work has been based upon how ESPN currently works and it's definitely holding us back on being able to have rules like these in place without extra work. So there is another pro for Fantrax for us to more easily make rules changes and have them tracked.