Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 10 Dec 2018, 5:05 pm

Actually, when I first conceived the format I thought one advantage would be less work for me. I was wrong. The only real time saving is not having to write up the summary. But that's replaced by having to go over wear/skill numbers 2 or 3 times since the drivers can't catch any errors. And then having to make two pictures of the map, one for the blind version and one with all the information to send out at the end of the race.

But in spite of that I did enjoy it. I think it would definitely be more fun with a full 12 car field. Maybe I'll try it again in the future, or another RM will pick up on it.
Rally Racer (Pro III)

Post 12 Dec 2018, 5:50 pm

Thanks so much for running this Jim! A lot of work to track all the info when the players can't look over the stats. There are very few RMs that would be up to the task.
I had a lot of fun with this race: tracking all the other drivers' moves and trying to figure out their stats and wear expenditures.
I deliberately overbuilt my car with the expectation of rolling dice until the car fell apart, however, the dice were very kind to me. If I recall correctly, I made 4 rolls (push start, push accel twice, & late brake on the last turn after crossing the finish line) all without spending skill, all successful. I even had an unspent wear remaining on my tires which I will use to spin some donuts in front of the grandstands. :-)