Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 03 May 2018, 6:35 am

Please post race comments here. Having never run this track myself, I may have a few thoughts but I've got to collect them first.
Rally Racer (Pro III)

Post 03 May 2018, 10:55 am

It was an interesting race for me.

I was surprised out of the gate that my bid of 4.5 put me in the 3rd rank back. As a result, my 100 start speed wasn't as effective as I thought it would be.

I managed to keep up pretty well, and I think I would have been at least mid-pack except for that spin at the end of the long straight in the last lap. The deceleration for that hairpin at the end is quite harsh, and when you're surrounded by cars, you don't want to start decelerating mid-way to hit the target speed.

It was a fun race, and as usual, I appreciate all the effort put in by our moderator - Mike!
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 03 May 2018, 3:04 pm

First, thanks to Mike for running a fun race and congrats to Dave, nice win.

I think that hairpin at the end of a long straightaway definitely gives this track "character." Even after that corner it's on the gas/on the brake for the next three. I felt that was probably going to be the best place to attempt any passes. Had I not spun (3 skill to chance and I roll box cars!) I think I could have grabbed a few more spots. But I don't think I could have outgunned Mr. Ling.

Overall a fun race and an interesting track. You either have to set up for speed or handling, and this track gives you the chance to exercise both options. The down side is you're also NOT set up properly for half the track.