Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Adjutant

Post 04 Jun 2011, 12:58 am

What Sharur said. Last season I had a league with an IR slot. When a player was injured or sick you could move him to IR. Once he was able to play again, you could move him back to your active roster. For a redraft year-to-year league this is fine, but for a keeper league, I don't like it. Once IR'ed, he stays on IR. I don't know if you can set that through ESPN or if you would have to manually administer it.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 04 Jun 2011, 6:19 am

Once an NFL player is put on the IR, they stay on it until the end of the season (by NFL rules). If ESPN followed the NFL IR rules, no problem, since there would be no reason to move a player out of an IR slot. It would essentially be self-enforcing. However, in the ESPN rules, it states that "ESPN's system determines who is eligible for IR". If they are going to designate players as IR eligible for shorter durations, it makes things more complicated. Some manual oversight would be required if the IR slot is restricted - it is unlikely that ESPN would have a 'locking' feature. Something to consider.
Adjutant

Post 06 Jun 2011, 11:50 pm

How long does voting go on?
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 07 Jun 2011, 6:52 am

The voting period is two weeks. The FA amendment was sent out on June 1 and we have no resolution as of yet. One more week to go - I'll send out a reminder to vote on the issue.
Dignitary

Post 13 Jul 2011, 3:35 pm

Is there a deadline for contracts? Or are we just waiting to see if the season will actually happen before we decide on that?
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 13 Jul 2011, 5:10 pm

Saturday, August 13 @ 11 p.m. ET. Be sure to select your keepers at ESPN and email the contract length to me. Don't forget to designate the players already under contract for 2012. If they are not designated as such, you will incur a buyout.

I'm feeling pretty good about having a full season. I was worried that we would have to significantly alter this years set-up but less so now.