Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 06 May 2016, 6:54 am

Rando wrote:No tension. If this were air combat, we would all know that my plane is hugely advantaged by its much higher speed. Chris is "low energy". Plus, I have a big skill advantage (in chips, anyway, we all know that Chris is fully skilled at this game).

Humility is not your forte, eh, Lightning?

I'm a precision instrument of speed and aerodynamics.
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 06 May 2016, 8:04 am

SLOTerp wrote:
Rando wrote:No tension. If this were air combat, we would all know that my plane is hugely advantaged by its much higher speed. Chris is "low energy". Plus, I have a big skill advantage (in chips, anyway, we all know that Chris is fully skilled at this game).

Humility is not your forte, eh, Lightning?

I'm a precision instrument of speed and aerodynamics.

Not too strong in the humility department. Small (zero?) chance of successfully playing head game with Chris. MOSTLY sending a message to all those who disbelieved my chances in the last few weeks. Tuesday Apr 26th, "if Rando was in second, yes maybe. He has to pass too many unfriendly cars." Haaa!!!
Ambassador

Post 06 May 2016, 10:50 am

Rando wrote:MOSTLY sending a message to all those who disbelieved my chances in the last few weeks. Tuesday Apr 26th, "if Rando was in second, yes maybe. He has to pass too many unfriendly cars." Haaa!!!

In fairness,a certain driver behind the wheel of the #3 car may have forgotten to include the desire to block passing attempts a turn or so ago, and that proved to be a glaring omission given the roll.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 09 May 2016, 5:37 am

A new race leader (and race winner, barring a mis-plot)!

Turn 48 Summary
Rando grabs the initiative at 140 then brakes down to 120 with 2sp (modified 7) before taking the Promenade 120's for free. Chris pushes to 120 on the tables (naked 10), pops a gasket, then limps through the Promenade 100's for free.

Kal, Brad, Tim, John, Fabio, Mike, & Todd all plot 60 as they weave their way through the Gallery and/or Raffles. Will runs the straight at 100.

Turn 49 soft deadline: Tuesday, May 10th @ 8 a.m. EDT (12 noon GMT).
Hard deadline is Wednesday, May 11th, same time.
T48.png
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 09 May 2016, 5:56 am

SLOTerp wrote:A new race leader (and race winner, barring a mis-plot)!

Turn 48 Summary
Rando grabs the initiative at 140 then brakes down to 120 with 2sp (modified 7) before taking the Promenade 120's for free. Chris pushes to 120 on the tables (naked 10), pops a gasket, then limps through the Promenade 100's for free.

Yeah ME! :woot:
Thanks Steward Mike, & fellow racers.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 09 May 2016, 8:20 am

Kal wrote:
Rando wrote:MOSTLY sending a message to all those who disbelieved my chances in the last few weeks. Tuesday Apr 26th, "if Rando was in second, yes maybe. He has to pass too many unfriendly cars." Haaa!!!

In fairness,a certain driver behind the wheel of the #3 car may have forgotten to include the desire to block passing attempts a turn or so ago, and that proved to be a glaring omission given the roll.

Oh Kal, that hurts.

I really thought all the cars Rando had to pass would trap him in place more than that. The fact that the forced pass roll was so close just felt more like a kick in the teeth from the dice gods. But you were gonna block and didn't? Pain! So much pain!
Administrator

Post 09 May 2016, 9:16 am

Perhaps the dice gods will exact their fee this next turn...
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 09 May 2016, 10:35 am

radynski wrote:
Kal wrote:

Oh Kal, that hurts.

I really thought all the cars Rando had to pass would trap him in place more than that. The fact that the forced pass roll was so close just felt more like a kick in the teeth from the dice gods. But you were gonna block and didn't? Pain! So much pain!

We don't know what Brad did on move 46, whether he actually blocked or not.

I ran the numbers, still not at all clear who will advance and who will be relegated. Mike probably first for the season, Tim B narrowly behind. Me third I think ahead of John on Tiebreaks. Fabio is probably OK to stay. Chris, Brad & Kal still in a nail-biter to see who snags the last C1 seat of six. Glad I can look forward to breathing easy in the pit row and having a taste of some beverage or another with the track hostesses.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 09 May 2016, 10:49 am

Rando wrote:I ran the numbers, still not at all clear who will advance and who will be relegated. Mike probably first for the season, Tim B narrowly behind. Me third I think ahead of John on Tiebreaks. Fabio is probably OK to stay. Chris, Brad & Kal still in a nail-biter to see who snags the last C1 seat of six. Glad I can look forward to breathing easy in the pit row and having a taste of some beverage or another with the track hostesses.

If things stay as they are:

1. Mike
2. Tim B.
3. Rando
4. John
5. Fabio
6. Brad / Chris

If Brad gets 3rd place, he's in. If Kal grabs 3rd, Chris is in. Kal is out either way.
Administrator

Post 09 May 2016, 11:15 am

SLOTerp wrote:
Rando wrote:I ran the numbers, still not at all clear who will advance and who will be relegated. Mike probably first for the season, Tim B narrowly behind. Me third I think ahead of John on Tiebreaks. Fabio is probably OK to stay. Chris, Brad & Kal still in a nail-biter to see who snags the last C1 seat of six. Glad I can look forward to breathing easy in the pit row and having a taste of some beverage or another with the track hostesses.

If things stay as they are:

1. Mike
2. Tim B.
3. Rando
4. John
5. Fabio
6. Brad / Chris

If Brad gets 3rd place, he's in. If Kal grabs 3rd, Chris is in. Kal is out either way.

Concur...
Administrator

Post 09 May 2016, 11:17 am

Rando wrote:
radynski wrote:
Kal wrote:

Oh Kal, that hurts.

We don't know what Brad did on move 46, whether he actually blocked or not.

I ran the numbers, still not at all clear who will advance and who will be relegated. Mike probably first for the season, Tim B narrowly behind. Me third I think ahead of John on Tiebreaks. Fabio is probably OK to stay. Chris, Brad & Kal still in a nail-biter to see who snags the last C1 seat of six. Glad I can look forward to breathing easy in the pit row and having a taste of some beverage or another with the track hostesses.

I had Block on.
Ambassador

Post 09 May 2016, 1:15 pm

radynski wrote:
Kal wrote:

Oh Kal, that hurts.

Tell me about it...
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 10 May 2016, 5:49 am

Rando brings home the cup with Chris in 2nd. Congratulations to both for a well run race!
Should Brad and Tim been more aggressive in pursuit of their goals?

Turn 49 Summary
Rando pushes top speed at 160, well... because he can, with his last sp (modified 4) and gets the checkered flag for first. Chris has no desire to break his car and crosses in 2nd place at 120.

Kal pushes to 120 on the Acc table (naked 8) and takes the Promenade 120's for free. Brad also runs the Promenade 120's at 120. Tim B. makes it three wide in a shootout to the finish line at 100 plus the slip.

John exits the Gallery at 80. Fabio and Mike finish the corner at 60 to form a mini-conga. Todd enters the Gallery in the 60's at 60. Will runs the Esplanade groove for free at 60.

Turn 50 soft Deadline: Wednesday, May 11th @ 8 a.m. EDT (12 noon GMT)
Hard Deadline is Thursday, May 12th at the same time.
T49.png
Rally Racer (Pro III)

Post 10 May 2016, 8:00 am

RANDO comes" out of the clouds" to snap off the win.what a feat.as the late great gerald leintz once told me,"kid,anyone can win from the front."considering the new build tables and no table talk,this race will be remebered because of rando actually making it all the way to the win..way to go rando!.

newsflash: moral victory for kid egan by finishing ahead of mike and fabio. ps mike you are the only one that remembers that i only finished ahead of you because you spun.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 10 May 2016, 8:24 am

kidegan wrote:RANDO comes" out of the clouds" to snap off the win.what a feat.as the late great gerald leintz once told me,"kid,anyone can win from the front."considering the new build tables and no table talk,this race will be remebered because of rando actually making it all the way to the win..way to go rando!.

newsflash: moral victory for kid egan by finishing ahead of mike and fabio. ps mike you are the only one that remembers that i only finished ahead of you because you spun.

I'd have to agree, John. Watching a car come from the last spot in the start grid and all the way from ninth as lap 3 began, is pretty cool.

This was not my race - that spin was a calculated risk based on my goal of winning the GP. If I win the GP anyway, it will feel like I backed into it.