Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 11 Sep 2015, 4:44 pm

Drivers - a good mix of cars here, only one set of matching cars: our 3 Italians all opt for the same configuration, which happens to match Fabio's in C1. Do they know something the rest of us don't?

Next Deadline: Bids are due Monday, September 14 at Noon EDT/4pm UTC. (Note the later start time for bids only due to the delay today in results.) I have bids from Jim, Dave and Doug already. As always, if I have all bids in early and the chance to post results, I'll do that early. We're tracking 2 turns behind C1 right now, which isn't bad.

SuzukaC2-Builds.png
Ambassador

Post 15 Sep 2015, 6:35 am

Sorry for the short delay there folks! Bidding is in and you guys have ordered a much wider range of bids than the C1 group: there, everyone fit in the 5 to 2 point range, with yours truly at the bottom. Top bid in C2 was 7 and lowest was Zero.

Next Deadline: Turn 1 Plots due Friday, September 18 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (hard deadline). If I receive all plots before then, I'll process early.

Cars, Post-Bidding:
SuzukaC2-Cars-PostBid.png

Starting Positions:
SuzukaC2-StartingPositions.png
Ambassador

Post 18 Sep 2015, 6:40 am

Doug rolls the dice to add to his big start speed advantage. Meng's similar advantage vaults him into 2nd while the back half of the group is putting me to sleep. :sleep:

Next Deadline: Turn 2 due Monday, September 21 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC. If I receive all plots over the weekend I'll endeavor to process the turn earlier.

Also - if you have interested friends who are new to Speed Circuit/CFR, have them check out the newbie race that Mike is considering: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3100

Turn 1 Summary
Doug plots 120, pushing his start speed using 2 skill (Mod 6) and starts off with a convincing lead, and is now out of skill points. Jim starts at 60 and pulls to the inside. Meng plots 100 and slides in front of Jim. Giovanni follows at 60 and lines up behind Jim.

Everyone else plots start speed of 60 and maintain position but close in on the inside and center lanes of the track. But hey, will we see a record number of slips next turn?

SuzukaC2-Turn01.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 18 Sep 2015, 3:19 pm

As he leans over and nudges Kal, Jim quietly says, "I think I did 60, not 20." :confused:
Ambassador

Post 18 Sep 2015, 4:15 pm

JimOrlando wrote:As he leans over and nudges Kal, Jim quietly says, "I think I did 60, not 20." :confused:

My bad! The track and file are right... And now the post is fixed.
Ambassador

Post 21 Sep 2015, 6:44 am

Half the field takes a slip, a couple of folks reach for their dice and the acceleration table but only small changes to the order. Reminder: If you want a slip, you must indicate it in your plot. 6 in one turn, the same number we had in C1. Could've made it 8... ;-)

Also note, I've added some additional corner information. The upcoming S-Curve is actually 2 corners, so I've added S-Curve A and S-Curve B labels. S-Curve A has 2 separate racing lines. You can take both, one or the other, or neither. Dunlap A and B are not speed limited but there are restrictions on lane changes mid-corner. Also, 200R later in the track is similarly restricted but not speed limited.

Next Deadline: Turn 3 plots due Wednesday, September 23 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC. If you can get them in earlier, I'll try to process earlier.

Turn 2 Results
Doug plots 120 through the inside lanes of First Curve for 1 wear. Meng plots 140 and follows Doug on the inside for free. Jim plots 100 and takes a slip off of Meng and pulls up ahead of First Curve. Giovanni plots 120 and keeps pace with Jim.

Ken plots 120 and pushes acceleration with 2 skill points (Mod 4), and takes a slip off of Giovanni to pull even with him. Turyko also plots 120 and continues the line behind Giovanni. Marshall and Simone both plot 120 and take slips off of Ken and Turyko, respectively. Marshall lines up next to Turyko and Simone next to Marshall to make it 3-wide.

Tony and Chris plot 120 each. Tony doesn't request the slip, but Chris does, so Chris ends up just ahead of him and behind Turyko. Grant plots 120 and pushes acceleration with 1 skill (Mod 3) and opts for the center lane (no slip requested). Dave plots 100 with a slip on Chris, and lines up behind Tony.

SuzukaC2-Turn02.png
Ambassador

Post 24 Sep 2015, 3:25 am

Sorry about the delay folks. Started the turn processing and had to stop and when I returned to finish it, I'd inexplicably lost the work I'd already done and couldn't redo it until this morning.

Next Deadline: Turn 4 plots due tomorrow, Friday, September 25 at Noon EDT/4pm UTC (soft deadline). Since this is only about a 30 hour turnaround, if I don't have all the plots I'll extend the deadline to Saturday morning at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (i.e. no one will receive a NPR until Saturday).

Turn 3 Results
Doug plots 140, taking both racing lines through S Curve A and the 100 space in S Curve B for 2 wear. Meng continues at 140, switching to the outer lane in First Curve [RM note: the row lines up here so this is a legal lane change] for a wear and taking both lines for free in S Curve A. Giovanni goes 120 with a slip from Jim and takes the inside lane through First Curve for a wear, ending on the RL.

Ken takes the outside lane through the corner for free at 120. Turyko, Marshall, and Simone all plot 120: Turyko takes the slip from Ken and the inside lane for a wear to jump a head of Ken; Marshall using the slip on Giovanni and the outside lane to line up next to Ken; and Simone uses the outside lane for free to line up behind Ken.

Chris plots 100 with the slip from Turyko and takes the inside lane for free. Tony plots 140 and, finding the inside lane blocked, takes the outside lane for a wear. Dave and Grant both plot 140, Dave gets to the inside lane first so Grant takes the outside.

SuzukaC2-Turn03.png
Ambassador

Post 24 Sep 2015, 3:27 am

Sorry about the delay folks. Started the turn processing and had to stop and when I returned to finish it, I'd inexplicably lost the work I'd already done and couldn't redo it until this morning.

Next Deadline: Turn 4 plots due tomorrow, Friday, September 25 at Noon EDT/4pm UTC (soft deadline). Since this is only about a 30 hour turnaround, if I don't have all the plots I'll extend the deadline to Saturday morning at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (i.e. no one will receive a NPR until Saturday).

Turn 3 Results
Doug plots 140, taking both racing lines through S Curve A and the 100 space in S Curve B for 2 wear. Meng continues at 140, switching to the outer lane in First Curve [RM note: the row lines up here so this is a legal lane change] for a wear and taking both lines for free in S Curve A. Giovanni goes 120 with a slip from Jim and takes the inside lane through First Curve for a wear, ending on the RL.

Ken takes the outside lane through the corner for free at 120. Turyko, Marshall, and Simone all plot 120: Turyko takes the slip from Ken and the inside lane for a wear to jump a head of Ken; Marshall using the slip on Giovanni and the outside lane to line up next to Ken; and Simone uses the outside lane for free to line up behind Ken.

Chris plots 100 with the slip from Turyko and takes the inside lane for free. Tony plots 140 and, finding the inside lane blocked, takes the outside lane for a wear. Dave and Grant both plot 140, Dave gets to the inside lane first so Grant takes the outside.

SuzukaC2-Turn03.png
Ambassador

Post 26 Sep 2015, 8:04 am

So my note thing morning prompted quick responses. Thanks guys!

Next Deadline: Turn 5 plots due Monday, September 28 at NOON EDT/4pm UTC (soft deadline). Hard deadline is Tuesday at 9am EDT.

Turn 4 Results
Doug plots 140 and the shortest path through Dunlap. Meng goes 120 through the 100 space for a wear in S-Curve B and takes the inside lanes in Dunlap. Jim goes 140 on the S-Curve A line and then through the 120s in S-Curve B for a wear and pulls up behind Meng. Giovanni plots 120 through the 120s in both parts of the S-Curve for free.

Turyko plots 120 through the 120s in S-Curve A and through the 100 in S-Curve B for a wear, ending outside in Dunlap A. Ken plots 140 through the S-Curve A racing lines and the into the 120s in S-Curve B for a wear. Marshall plots 140, with the jam up near S-Curve B he takes the first RL and then the 140s in S-Curve A and ends on the 100 space for 2 wear. Chris plots 140 through the S-Curve RLs and into the 120s for a wear.

Simone plots 120 through the 120s but has to forego the slip. He ends inside before S-Curve B. Tony plots 140 through both racing lines in S-Curve A and ends next to Simone. Dave drops 2 wear to continue at 140 through First Curve, then takes the 140s and the second RL in S-Curve A. Grant finishes the outer lane of First Curve for free at 120 and takes the first RL in S-Curve A.

SuzukaC2-Turn04.png
Ambassador

Post 29 Sep 2015, 7:42 pm

Tony has a costly NPR - are you still with us, buddy? The Degner Curve looks like it could be an interesting one for some! Sorry for the delay here guys, it's been a wild few days.

Next Deadline: Turn 6 plots due Thursday, October 1 at Noon EDT/4pm UTC. I know that's about 37 hours from now, but if we're going to get another move in this week, it has to be then.

The next week or so will be sketchy - the family is traveling for a funeral and I don't anticipate having the chance to process a turn while we're gone. If I have all of the plots and the time to make it happen, I will, but we're looking at Turn 6 on Thursday (10/1) and Turn 7 on Friday (10/9). Sorry about the delay, but some things can't be helped. Thanks for your patience!

Turn 5 Results
Doug plots 100 and takes the inside lane and racing line through Degner Curve for free. Meng goes 120 and starts Degner using the inside lane. Jim goes 140 and starts the outside lane in the corner for free. Giovanni goes 140 also, taking the inside through Dunlap B and ending inside.

Turyko plots 160 and lines up next to Giovanni. Marshall and Ken each go 160 also but can't take the shortest route: Marshall goes outside in Dunlap A and inside in Dunlap B while Ken does the opposite and has to take a pass on his slip opportunity. [Note that a forced pass could have been ordered here but was not indicated.] Chris plots 140 and uses the inside lane through both Dunlap curves to keep pace with Marshall and Ken.

Simone plots 140 and takes the 100s through S-Curve B for 2 wear and the shortest route through Dunlap to pull in next to Chris and behind Ken. [RM note: A slip was ordered here but is not legal because Chris was in a speed-restricted space.] NPR from Tony. The RM plot takes him down to 120 and through the outside lanes of the S-Curve B and Dunlap, ending outside. Dave plots 100 with a slip on Simone through the 100 lane on the S-Curve B and through the inside of the Dunlap curves. Grant plots 140 on the S-Curve A line for free, the S-Curve B 120s for a wear and then the shortest route through Dunlop to keep pace with Dave.

SuzukaC2-Turn05.png
Ambassador

Post 01 Oct 2015, 1:01 pm

Thanks everyone for getting your plots in on the short deadline. A little bit of order changeup in the larger group as folks opt for different routes and speeds through Degner Curve. Doug speeds away but faces the Hairpin next, can the rest of you gain some ground? Look out for T10 - it's a corner with no speed limit but the inside is shorter than out.

Next Deadline: Turn 7 Plots due Friday, October 9 at Noon EDT/4pm UTC. As mentioned previously, I'll be traveling with the family for a funeral so I don't expect to have a chance to process any turns until Friday or Saturday. If I have all plots, and the time to make it happen, I'll process early. I also may have to push off processing till Saturday depending on when we make it back to town. Your patience is appreciated. :)

Turn 6 Results
Doug goes 140, taking the inside through T10 and grabs the line ahead of the Hairpin. Meng goes 100 on the racing line for free. Jim goes 100 through the outside and lines up behind Meng.

Turyko goes 120, taking the inside and the racing line for a wear through Degner Curve. Giovanni goes 100 on the same path for free, and lines up behind him. Marshall plots 120 and takes the outside lane through the corner for a wear, finishing inside. Ken plots 120 and gets a slip from Turyko; he heads through the outside for a wear and pulls in ahead of Marshall to the inside. Simone also goes 120 but can't use the slip opportunity, he takes the inside and the RL for a wear, finishing behind Giovanni. Chris plots 100 through the inside and onto the RL for free, but like Simone runs out of room for the slip opportunity.

Dave goes 120 and starts the Degner Curve for free. Grant goes 140 and pulls into the outside of the corner for free. Tony plots 140 and lines up just before the corner to the inside.

SuzukaC2-Turn06.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 03 Oct 2015, 8:02 am

Doug is on a record pace, but can he keep it up?
Q: How can Doug be averaging almost 144mph when he never exceeded 140mph on his plots?
A: The distance around an F1 track is measured down the center of the track. When I measure the tracks for the speed program I, of course, count the straightaways normally. For the corners I use an average dividing the total number of corner spaces by the number of lanes in the corner. For example, First Curve has 7 spaces and 2 lanes so its distance is 3.5 spaces. Using this method makes the first section of this track 30 spaces and that is the distance used in the speed calculation, which boils down to a simple distance over time equation. Since Doug used the inside of each corner he actually travelled only 27 spaces. With the final calculation based on 30 spaces his average comes out higher than you might expect. (Incidentally, I use the average method for the areas on this track that are not corners but have differing space lengths, such as T10)
SuzukaC2Summary.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 03 Oct 2015, 8:17 am

In C1, Tim C. has Doug by one space (~ 6 mph). However, I think I would choose Doug's 9 wear advantage over Tim's more powerful car :yes:

Keep this up, Jim, and you'll be charged with the title and job of RFR Statistician!
Ambassador

Post 12 Oct 2015, 5:59 am

Drivers - thanks for your patience. An interesting turn with a chance roll and some braking! Remember that slipstreams must be requested to be taken, there was a missed opportunity or two that messed with the field behind, slightly.

Next Deadline: Turn 8 Plots due Wednesday, October 14 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC.

Turn 7 Results

Doug takes the Hairpin racing line at 100 for 2 wear. Meng plots 120 and takes the shortest route through T10 to start the racing line for the Hairpin. He uses 2 wear and 2 skill on the chance roll (mod 3) for the +60. Jim goes 140 and takes the outside lane in T10 to end on the Hairpin line just before the corner. Turyko goes 120 through the inside of T10 and ends inside of Jim.

Ken plots 120 and goes through the inside of T10 grab the Hairpin line behind Jim. Giovanni plots 100 and lines up behind Ken. Marshall plots 120, but with Giovanni taking the inner space in T10 he's forced outside. Simone plots 120 also, but cannot get into T10 and is forced to late brake for a wear, ending inside.

Chris plots 100 with a slip on Marshall and lines up outside of Simone. Dave takes the Degner line for free at 100. Grant plots 120 for a wear through the outside lane of Degner. [RM Note: you cannot change lanes when the rows do not align within the corner.] Tony plots 120 and burns off extra speed in the corner by using the outside lane for a wear and lines up behind Dave.

SuzukaC2-Turn07.png
Ambassador

Post 15 Oct 2015, 3:53 am

Sorry about the delay guys, things got away from me yesterday. Important note: For unrestricted corners like T10 and 200R, the default is the shortest route when you submit a plot. If for some reason you don't want to take the shortest route, you need to let me know. The only time I will take your car outside without instructions to do so is if the inside is blocked or to avoid a late brake.

Next Deadline: Turn 9 plots due tomorrow, October 16 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (soft deadline). Hard deadline will be Monday, October 19 at the same time.

Turn 8 Results
Doug goes 140, taking the shortest route through 200R and lines up just before the Spoon. Meng continues at 120, also opting for the inside in 200R. Turyko goes 100 through the Hairpin 60s for 2 wear. Jim takes the Hairpin racing line at 100 for 2 wear.

Ken goes 80 and takes the Hairpin line for a wear and finishes in the last space on the line. Giovanni plots 100 and with the line blocked, takes the the 60s for 2 wear. Marshall also goes 100, but he takes the line for 2 wear. Simone plots 100 through the inside of T10 and then into the 60s of the Hairpin for 2 wear.

Chris plots 60 through the inside of T10 and onto the Hairpin RL before the corner. Dave plots 100 through the inside of T10 and with Chris blocking the line opts for the inside before the Hairpin. Grant also plots 100 but has to go through the outside lane of T10 to burn off excess speed, he grabs the line behind Chris. NPR from Tony. The RM plot continues him at 120, using the outside lane of T10, where he ends next to Grant.

SuzukaC2-Turn08.png