Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 25 Aug 2015, 5:12 am

Power Assignments:

TWR2-PowerAssignments.png

I used the random picker found here: http://andrew.hedges.name/experiments/random/pickone.html
Administrator

Post 25 Aug 2015, 12:27 pm

I also used the random picker, it picked my nose!
and I must protest...

You want me to call myself Burgundy (hmmm, like the Legend, Ron Burgundy?) yet you give me frenchie-blue colors? But I'm Burgundy even though most of my land lies in the Lowlands. I am thoroughly confused. But this is good news as i am ALWAYS confused so i should fit in quite well.
Emissary

Post 25 Aug 2015, 1:22 pm

That's historically accurate actually. Most of the Netherlands used to be owned by Burgundy. After the last duke died in 1477 the French parts were absorbed back into France and the Dutch bits passed to the Habsburgs, and eventually got handed over to the Spanish half of the Habsburg empire, before they turned protestant and eventually rebelled. After various wars we ended up with the Spanish Netherlands (modern day Belgium essentially) and the Dutch Republic. It all began with the Burgundians though. The borders of Burgundy on this map would be more or less accurate if you removed the provinces of Ruh and Swa.
Administrator

Post 25 Aug 2015, 1:28 pm

Hey, I know that! I am the ruler of Burgundy after all. Besides, after this is all over, we can call all of Europe "Burgundy" and shade it whatever color I like! (and not that sissy french blue shade)
Ambassador

Post 26 Aug 2015, 7:31 am

GMTom wrote:and I must protest...

You want me to call myself Burgundy (hmmm, like the Legend, Ron Burgundy?) yet you give me frenchie-blue colors? But I'm Burgundy even though most of my land lies in the Lowlands. I am thoroughly confused. But this is good news as i am ALWAYS confused so i should fit in quite well.

Hey, I just got the map from a guy who makes diplomacy maps and used those colors. Rob Addison last updated his map 14 years ago(!). http://www.xcelco.on.ca/~ravgames/dipmaps/

So, blame him for the colors I guess, then go eat some snails, you Frog. :grin: