Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 26 Jul 2015, 8:05 pm

Game Name: Turtledove's War Room 2

Game Type: Aberration IV

Players: 9

Deadlines: Weekly, proposed schedule: 8am EDT/Noon UTC with Spring/Fall Moves on Tuesdays, Summer/Autumn Retreats on Wednesdays, Winter Adjustments on Thursdays. Maps will be provided. I will adjudicate early for any phase if all orders are marked FINAL.

Victory Conditions: 27 (of 52) Supply Centers or DIAS

Power Assignments: Random

Communications: E-mail & Redscape Forum

Rules: Variant rules for Aberration IV can be found here: http://diplom.org/Email/judge/info.aberration.html Note that we will be using STANDARD build rules (Home Supply Centers only)

Redscape House Rules are also in effect. The House rules pertain mostly to procedural issues regarding game management. They can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/redscape ... 1367104967

Etiquette: As per the Redscape House Rules, in-game discussion is strongly encouraged via email and via the game forum but personal attacks are not acceptable. If you have any questions, please ask the GM.

Orders: Abbreviations are accepted, though complete spellings minimize misunderstandings. Any ambiguous order will result in a unit holding. If you order a unit twice, the second order will take precedence, even if it is an illegal order.

Order Submission: In order to properly catch your orders as submitted, please include the following things in your email subject: Game Name or Game abbreviation "TWR2", the name of your power, and the turn for which you are submitting. Examples: "TWR2: Fall 1901 Orders - Poland" or "TWR2 - Eire - F01", etc… Orders received after the deadline will be accepted up to the point where I begin adjudication. Please feel free to send preliminary orders, and as many changes as you need to. When you submit a change, be sure to submit a full set of orders.

NMR Policy: There will be no NMRs in the first year. Any player who misses Spring 01 or Fall 01 will be immediately dropped and replaced. The season will restart once a new player is brought on. When possible, the GM will try to send an email reminder approximately 24 hours prior to the Spring and Fall movement deadlines. If orders are not received at the deadline but adjudication is not finished, I will accept order until the adjudication is finalized. If a player NMRs, all units will hold. 2 consecutive NMRs will result in removal of the offending player, and where a viable position exists a replacement will be sought.

Adjudication: I am human and will be adjudicating by hand, so if you spot an error please report it immediately and a correction will be announced.

About the game name: Harry Turtledove is one of the most prominent authors of historical fiction. The Aberration map provides a "What if?" look at Europe as it could have been had things evolved differently - much like a Turtledove novel. The "2" acknowledges that there was a game of the same name played several years ago on Redscape using the Aberration map. Your GM played Ukraine to a forgettable result. :)

To Sign Up: Please provide your name and email address below, or email me at kalvin (dot) miller (at) gmail (dot) com ...if you email me, be sure to specify your Redscape username.

Players:
Sassenach
GMTom
Talrus
Archduke Russell John
kidegan
georgeatkins
Lingfish
Reuben
Crawdadr
Last edited by Kal on 19 Aug 2015, 7:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
Emissary

Post 26 Jul 2015, 10:11 pm

I'll play.

rob.a.goodwin at gmail
Administrator

Post 27 Jul 2015, 10:23 am

sure, why not?
explorediplomacy (at) gmail (dot) com

my only
"problem" is minor, I will have little to no internet service on August 14 thru 16
as long as we do not start on that weekend, early negotiations are soooo critical to miss out on! Start before or after and I'm just fine.
Emissary

Post 27 Jul 2015, 10:55 am

I'll have no internet all next week, but I'm guessing we won't have started by then anyway.
Administrator

Post 27 Jul 2015, 1:16 pm

and I am not saying do not start until after I am gone, if we can start any time at all, sooner or later, I'm cool by that, I would just like to avoid starting on that weekend I am away but even then, who starts a game on a weekend??? Don't most wait for a Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday?
Ambassador

Post 27 Jul 2015, 5:59 pm

Agreed - I don't think you need to worry about starting next week or the week after. I am on business travel now and most of the next 3 weeks, and we'll see how long it takes to fill the game. Updating the main post shortly with a player list.
Dignitary

Post 29 Jul 2015, 3:49 am

I'll play.

diarmaiddeburca at gmail dot com
Ambassador

Post 29 Jul 2015, 6:13 am

Duh, just realized I never posted the map...

aberration_ra.gif
Dignitary

Post 29 Jul 2015, 5:24 pm

Me in.

archducrj1 (at) aol (dot) com
Dignitary

Post 30 Jul 2015, 8:17 am

Room for one more?

georgewrites at outlook dot com
Ambassador

Post 30 Jul 2015, 4:52 pm

georgeatkins wrote:Room for one more?

For you? Eeehhhhh. :wink:

You're number 7, so two more.
Dignitary

Post 30 Jul 2015, 7:56 pm

Kal wrote:
georgeatkins wrote:Room for one more?

For you? Eeehhhhh. :wink:

You're number 7, so two more.

You know, we did play this variant here a few years ago!
Administrator

Post 31 Jul 2015, 6:14 am

in the other forum where this game was mentioned a player named Kidegan mentioned he would like to play.
Ambassador

Post 31 Jul 2015, 6:32 am

GMTom wrote:in the other forum where this game was mentioned a player named Kidegan mentioned he would like to play.

Yep - already on the list.
Administrator

Post 31 Jul 2015, 10:21 am

Can we simply save everyone's time and award me the win now?
Isn't it only a formality playing this thing out?