Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 28 Apr 2014, 10:11 am

We have a photo finish for the win! Mike, Kal, and Dan all crossed in the same turn. First tie-break goes to the car that travelled farthest. Hmmm.... that won't work. Second tie-break goes to the car that crossed the finish line first. Aha... Mike wins, Kal takes second, and Dan 3rd.

Great test lap, guys, & thank you!

Turn 14 summary
Mike and Kal both travel at 180 mph but Mike goes first by virtue of inside position. Kal tests his top speed with his last 2 skill points and passes (modified 5). Dan slipstreams Mike and tests both his acceleration & top speed using his final 4 skill points. He passes as well (modified 7 on both) and pulls up alongside Mike & Kal for the photo finish. The lollygaggers lollygag. Dave & Brad, better luck in league play!

Note to those watching: Corner #1 (120 mph) would have been in play if anyone had reached it. Good thing nobody reached it...
MonacoT14.gif
Ambassador

Post 28 Apr 2014, 10:22 am

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the Orbit Gum-Hormel Black Label Bacon racing team for supporting the Meijer-Wrangler-Pure Leaf Tea Ford Fusion car to make this a good first race. You know, we raced hard and almost came up with a win. We had a good run, but for the spin going into turn 5. That we were able to shake that off and catch up to the leaders is a real credit to our whole team.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 28 Apr 2014, 10:46 am

The Budweiser/Coca-Cola/Red Bull car performs the obligatory Dunkin' Donut in the Lowe's infield.
Donut.jpg
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 28 Apr 2014, 6:03 pm

Thanks to Dan (sponsored by Orange Crush) for pointing out that he was due 2 bonus spaces for his slipstream... even though he couldn't use both.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 29 Apr 2014, 10:46 am

Test lap in 15 seconds...

(I had audio too but I don't know how to get that to work...)
MonacoRace.gif