Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 27 Mar 2015, 6:42 am

Rando takes back 2nd from John, Chris and Giovanni spend lots of wear on Epingle, and Josh decides it's time to go really fast.

Next Deadline: Turn 20 Plots due officially Monday, March 30 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC. However, I will not be able to process the turn at that time. So here's my plan: Once all plots are in, I will process the turn at that next time I can sit down to do it. If this weekend is like the last several, you guys were all really early and I will be able to process results on Saturday night or on Sunday. If I don't get all the plots or if I am unable to get to it, the turn will have to wait until Monday afternoon or evening. In any event, Turn 21 will be due on Wednesday as is typical.

Thanks for your flexibility!

Turn 19 Summary
Steve continues at 120 on the outer racing line and takes the inside after exiting. [RM Note: Last turn I noted that he paid 2 wear but failed to deduct it from his total. That has now been corrected.] John takes the inner racing line at 100 for 2 wear. Rando pays 2 wear to go 120 on the outer RL and pulls up behind Steve. Turyko continues on the inner racing line at 100 for 2 wear. Chris starts at 140 but late brakes to 120 for a wear, then takes the outer racing line for 2 more wear. Giovanni starts at 120 but then late brakes to 100 for 1 wear [payment not specified, wear is default] to take the inner RL for 2 wear, and he pulls up behind Turyko. Will expected to go last, so he throttles down to 100 and takes the outer RL for 1 wear, pulling up behind Chris.

Josh decides it's his time to move; he plots 140 and spends 2 wear and a 3-skill chip (rolling a modified -1: 1+1-3) to enter Epingle faster than anyone else so far this race. Jim plots 140 and heads to the inside. Marshall exits corner 5 at 160 and pulls up next to Jim. Dave takes the racing line through corner 5 at 140 for 2 wear.
GVM-Turn19.png
Ambassador

Post 29 Mar 2015, 8:13 pm

Three wide in the front! Thanks everyone for getting your plots in early so I could process the turn tonight.

Next Deadline: Turn 21 plots are due Wednesday, April 1 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC.

Turn 20 Summary
Steve puts his pedal to the metal, going 160 along the inside. Rando and John both plot 180, each using 1 skill to push top speed. Rando rolls a modified 9 (4+6-1) and John a modified 6 (6+1-1), and they make it 3 wide with Steve at the front. Turyko pulls out of Epingle at 140 and takes the inside. Chris exits at 160 and pulls up next to Turyko.

Giovanni continues at 100 to finish Epingle and ends on the inside. Will continues at 100 also, pulling up behind Giovanni. Josh finishes the corner at 140 and lines up next to Giovanni. Jim goes 120 and enters Epingle on the outer racing line for 2 wear. Marshall follows onto the outer RL at 100 for a wear. Goes 140 and grabs the outer RL.

GVM-Turn20.png
Rally Racer (Pro III)

Post 31 Mar 2015, 10:38 am

as an old "wag" once said'',good dice can overcome bad designs.
Rally Racer (Pro III)

Post 31 Mar 2015, 10:43 am

i am hoping to finish 4 th
Ambassador

Post 01 Apr 2015, 5:55 am

Our 3-wide approaches the last corner on the second lap. A bunch of dice being used for various reasons and the one thing that's clear is Dave is the only person with worse dice luck than me. Sorry Dave!

I haven't been forwarding the dice emails proactively, since unlike Mike I'm not driving in the race I'm running. Also, as evidenced by the delivery time of these results - when I can, I start processing a turn ahead of the deadline, so I don't want to send them immediately upon rolling in those cases. If you want the results for your roll, let me know and I can forward them.

Next Deadline: Turn 22 Plots are due Friday, April 3 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC.

Turn 21 Summary
Rando and John get the jump on Steve by each plotting 160 and late braking to 140. Rando applies 1 skill to a brakes test and rolls a 7 (5+3-1), which is successful. He grabs the racing line just before the corner. John goes for a naked brakes test and rolls a 5 (4+1), which is also successful. He pulls to the inside of Rando. Steve follows at 140 and is forced to take the outside. Chris continues at 160 and pulls inside. Turyko continues at his top speed of 140 and lines up behind Chris.

Giovanni tests acceleration to get to 160. With 2 skill applied, he rolls a 9 (5+6-2) and is successful. Josh goes 140 and opts for the center lane. Will goes 160 and with the slip from Giovanni pulls up in front of Josh. Jim pulls out of Epingle at 120 and heads to the inside. Marshal continues at 100 and does the same. Dave plots 140 using 2 wear and a 3-skill chip. The dice, however, have it out for Dave as he rolls an 8 (6+5-3) and spins again upon entering the corner.

GVM-Turn21.png
Rally Racer (Pro III)

Post 01 Apr 2015, 7:48 am

newsflash; it is now or never for turyko's 3 skill chip
Ambassador

Post 03 Apr 2015, 7:00 am

Steve gets lucky on his chance roll, we have our first NPR this race (from Will...you still with us?) and we have another 3-wide before the last corner of lap 2.

Next Deadline: Turn 23 Plots due Monday, April 6 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC.

Turn 22 Summary
Steve takes the initiative and plots 120 for 2 wear in the 80 space and then rolls a 6 (1+5) on the chance table to get him through the 60 space, and he pulls to the inside. Rando slows to 100 and takes the line for a wear and ends in the center lane. John goes 80 through the 60s for a wear and heads inside. Chris uses a wear to decelerate to 100 and then spends another to take the line through the corner. Turyko follows Chris at 100 and spends a wear on the racing line.

Giovanni plots 140 then late brakes to 120 using 2 skill, rolling a modified 6 (5+3-2). He grabs the line and stops just before the corner. NPR from Will. The RM plot slows him to 120 and he ends outside just before the corner to avoid a wear spend. Josh also plots 120 with a slip and he pulls up inside of Giovanni to make it three wide. Jim tests top speed using 2 skill to get to 160. He rolls a modified 8 (4+6-2) and stays inside. Marshall plots 140, also staying to the inside. Dave recovers from his spin and continues through Epingle at 140.
GVM-Turn22.png
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 03 Apr 2015, 8:44 am

Steve, that move took large reproductive organs.
Ambassador

Post 06 Apr 2015, 6:20 am

3 wide in the front again and a whole lot of problems for the chase pack! Josh and Giovanni both spin, Will and Jim hit their emergency brakes. I sent the dice rolls to everyone as I processed real time today.

Next Deadline: Turn 24 due Wednesday, April 8 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC.

Turn 23 Summary
Steve enters Virage Senna at 100 to the inside. Rando drops a wear to go 120 and lines up next to Steve. John goes 140 for 2 wear and makes it 3-wide in the corner. Chris exits the corner at 140 and pulls up just before Virage Senna. Turyko continues at 100 and pulls inside.

Josh plots 120 through the 60s for 2 wear and a chance roll with 2 skill. He rolls a modified 7 and SPINS! Giovanni plots 120 on the line for 2 wear, but because it's blocked by Josh's spin, he heads first to the 80s and then has to roll on the chance table (no skill applied) to go through the 60s space. He rolls a naked 8 and also SPINS! Will slows to 60 but due to the blockage (and no forced pass guidance) must emergency brake for 2 wear down to 20 MPH. Jim plots 140, he grabs the line but cannot start the corner, so he is forced to brake for a wear. Marshall plots 160 and pulls up behind Jim on the racing line. Dave tests acceleration and the dice give him a break - he exits Epingle at 100 and heads inside.

GVM-Turn23.png
Ambassador

Post 09 Apr 2015, 6:19 am

Sorry again for the delay, gents. Some big moves this turn: John takes the lead again while in the back Jim and Marshall use their relatively fresh tires to improve their places in the lineup by 3.

You may have noticed that the Grand Prix Season 2 forums have opened on Redscape. I believe everyone has confirmed participation. John, Rando, Will, and whoever finishes highest in this race (besides them) will be in Circuit 1, which Mike will RM. I am going to be RM for Circuit 2 with the rest of you and a handful of fresh faces. We'll start the season on the Istanbul Park track - Mike has it posted in the C1 forum. I'm still getting things set up for C2 outside of Redscape but look forward to getting it going when this race is complete. One bit of feedback I'll ask for now as I prepare: What do you think of the NASCAR cars Mike is going to use for C1? I am leaning personally toward sticking with the same cars we are using for Montreal, but switching to the stock cars would open up more options. Send me your thoughts (even you C1 guys are welcome to chime in).

Next Deadline: As aluded to in my email yesterday, Turn 25 will have a soft deadline Friday, April 10 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC. If everyone has turned in plots by that point, I'll process the turn like normal. I will not NPR anyone since this is a short window, so if I'm missing plots the deadline will move to Monday, April 13 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC and will be firm. In all likelihood I'll be able to process the turn tomorrow sometime or over the weekend so when I have all plots I'll do it when I have the chance.

Turn 24 Summary
John goes drops to 120 to take the 80s without paying extra for Virage Senna, but then spends a wear to take corner 2 through the 100 space. Steve goes 100 through the 100s for free and cuts in to the outside lane when he exits the corner. Rando drops to 100 in order to follow John through the 80s with no extra payment. Chris goes 100 on the outside through Virage Senna. Turyko accelerates to 120 and drops 2 wear to take middle lane.

Giovanni recovers from his spin and pulls away at 40 heading inside. [Note: The start speed after a spin is governed by the lower of Start Speed or Acceleration - for both Giovanni and Josh, the acceleration is lower so both start at 40.] Will finishes the corner at 60 and pulls up next to Giovanni. Josh recovers at 40 and lines up behind Will after the corner. Jim sees his chance and plots 100 on the RL for a wear, and pulls into the middle lane in front of Will. Marshall drops to 120 and spends 2 wear to take the RL, he pulls up to the outside of Jim. Dave maxes acceleration to get to 140, trying to close the gap.

GVM-Turn24.png
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 11 Apr 2015, 12:04 pm

[quote="Kal"]Sorry again for the delay, gents. Some big moves this turn: John takes the lead again while in the back Jim and Marshall use their relatively fresh tires to improve their places in the lineup by 3.

Holy cow -- I just notices some huge un-spent wear piles back there. 10, 11, 12, 9... Still some fireworks remaining to be shot off.
Ambassador

Post 11 Apr 2015, 8:02 pm

Thanks everyone for getting your plots in yesterday, I just again didn't have the chance to process. Hoping things clear up next week!

Thanks for your feedback so far on the cars for Istanbul (C2), if you have an opinion and haven't yet weighed in, please share it with your next plot.

Next Deadline: Turn 26 plots are due Wednesday, April 15 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC. However, if I have all the plots and then time to process the turn I will post results early so we don't lose much ground in terms of timing vs the Spa race. If you do not want to process early, let me know when you submit your plot.

Turn 25 Summary
John takes off at 120 through the 120s and onto the Racing Line ahead of corner 4. Rando goes 100 through the 100s and grabs the line behind John. Steve also goes 100 through the 100 in corner 2 and ends on the 100 in corner 3. Chris exits Virage Senna at 100, takes corner 2 through the 100 and ends inside. Turyko continues at 120, finishing the corner through the 80s and spending a wear to take corner 2 on the inside. He pulls up outside of Chris.

Jim goes 140, taking the outside of Virage Senna for 2 wear. Marshall follows him at 120 and pulls up in the 100 space behind Jim for a wear. Will gets the jump on Giovanni at 120, creating the conga line behind Marshall. Giovanni goes 80, staying inside. Josh also goes 80 and lines up behind Giovanni. Dave continues at 140 and grabs the racing line just before the final corner of his second lap.

GVM-Turn25.png
Ambassador

Post 13 Apr 2015, 7:07 am

The leaders take the corners cautiously allowing those with wear to gain a bit of ground. Turyko is forced to take an alternate route but passes Chris anyway. Dave's awful luck continues as he spins again trying to conserve wear for lap 3. Sorry Dave! Dice rolls were sent to me and I can forward to anyone who wishes to confirm.

You guys all had your plots in within 24 hours over the *weekend*...clearly you love the game and I am honored to be your RM. This gives me an idea for the next race... we'll call it a trigger for turns: I'll set a deadline of 2 days, but will process early if all plots are received. Of course if asked, I will hold off until the published deadline (for travel and whatnot). Let me know what you think of this and I'll refine the guidelines a bit more before we start Istanbul.

Speaking of Istanbul: Overwhelming support for the cars we currently use in Montreal, so that's the set we'll go with. Drivers who are in Montreal and driving in C2 for Istanbul will have right of first refusal for their car color. At minimum, Purple, Yellow, and Light Blue will be up for grabs if you wish to switch.

Next Deadline: Turn 27 plots will be due Wednesday, April 15 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC.

Turn 26 Summary
John, Rando, and Steve all go 80 on the racing line in corner 4 for free. Chris plots 120 through the outside of corner 3 for free, grabs the RL then tests brakes with 2 skill before the speed limits kick in. He rolls a modified 2 (1+3-2). Turyko also plots 120, but takes the 100 space in corner 3 for a wear. With Chris blocking the line, he has to go around and into the 80s for 2 wear, lining up behind Steve.

Jim continues at 140 through the 100s in Virage Senna and takes the 120s in corner 2 for a wear. Marshall continues at 120 through the 100s, ending inside. Will slows to 80 through the 80s. Giovanni starts at 120 and then late brakes to 100 using his two remaining 1-skill chips. He rolls a modified 4 (2+4-2) and takes the 60s for 2 wear, pulling up inside of Will. Josh goes 120 through the 100s for wear. Dave takes the RL at 120 for a wear and chance with 2 skill applied. He rolls a modified 8 (6+4-2) and SPINS!

GVM-Turn26.png
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 14 Apr 2015, 3:18 pm

Kal wrote:The leaders take the corners cautiously allowing those with wear to gain a bit of ground. Turyko is forced to take an alternate route but passes Chris anyway.

The suspense is killing me...............
Last edited by Kal on 15 Apr 2015, 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Quote Block
Ambassador

Post 15 Apr 2015, 5:33 am

Rando wrote:The suspense is killing me...............

I know! After the last two turns, it's weird having to wait for the actual deadline. :smile: