Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Dignitary

Post 01 Nov 2017, 8:36 am

georgeatkins wrote:Build F Stp (nc) !

I would almost never say that in 1901, but in your case, this is the right move. That void needs filling.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 01 Nov 2017, 12:27 pm

Well... I guess Colin missed the cable. Furthermore, I was wrong. Turkey did build a fleet in ANK!

Adjutant

Post 02 Nov 2017, 11:07 pm

Oh, [Russian word for sh*t]. England is now out of the game.

Gosh I hope none of them are looking here....oh well too late to worry about that. But I like the idea of move to Armenia.

Germany has made it clear I shouldn't attack Austria, from the very start. I'd be happy to split the Ottoman Empire with him but that would make him pretty powerful.

Germany didn't want me taking Norway, but I'm going to anyway, and that was before England dropped out of the game.

I was pro-Turkey at first, but I think I should switch to pro-Austria (if only temporarily). I can offer him Bulgaria, and actually help him, and maybe he'll see me as a valuable ally.
Dignitary

Post 03 Nov 2017, 9:00 am

JimHackerMP wrote:Oh, [Russian word for sh*t]. England is now out of the game.

Gosh I hope none of them are looking here....oh well too late to worry about that. But I like the idea of move to Armenia.

Germany has made it clear I shouldn't attack Austria, from the very start. I'd be happy to split the Ottoman Empire with him but that would make him pretty powerful.

Germany didn't want me taking Norway, but I'm going to anyway, and that was before England dropped out of the game.

I was pro-Turkey at first, but I think I should switch to pro-Austria (if only temporarily). I can offer him Bulgaria, and actually help him, and maybe he'll see me as a valuable ally.

Ask Germany one question: Would he rather see a Russian fleet in Norway, helping the English defend against/or attack England; or Russian troops poring through Silesia?
Adjutant

Post 04 Nov 2017, 5:42 pm

Ah, but the English are out of the game!

Turkey has got back to me and agreed to move into the Aegean and move that fleet out of Ankara (by way of Con.) Maybe now I can set up an attack on the Austrian empire. I haven't thought of how to mollify or threaten Germany.
Last edited by JimHackerMP on 04 Nov 2017, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 04 Nov 2017, 5:48 pm

Was a replacement looked for? It appears to be a very vibrant site.
Adjutant

Post 04 Nov 2017, 5:54 pm

I don't know. I'm the one who set up the game, but it just said "England surrendered" meaning I guess he dropped out of the game. I would have no idea how to get a replacement England.
Adjutant

Post 06 Nov 2017, 10:35 am

One of my problems is, that I'm not the best "tactician" when it comes to how the pieces move and where; the "chess" part of the game (the other half being Poker). I would be a better diplomacy player, and more sure in my negotiations if I had a better understanding of where and how you have to move the pieces for your long-term strategy to work. And, surprise surprise, I suck at chess. Mediocre at poker, by the way.
Dignitary

Post 06 Nov 2017, 11:19 am

JimHackerMP wrote:One of my problems is, that I'm not the best "tactician" when it comes to how the pieces move and where; the "chess" part of the game (the other half being Poker). I would be a better diplomacy player, and more sure in my negotiations if I had a better understanding of where and how you have to move the pieces for your long-term strategy to work. And, surprise surprise, I suck at chess. Mediocre at poker, by the way.

Colin

To win the game you need 18 centers, right? So take a copy of the map and think about where your other 14 will come from: For example: 3 in Scandinavia; 10 in Turkey, Austria, and the Balkans. That's 13 total so far, and you have not even attacked Germany. The point is, plot out an expansion plan and build your strategy around it. This depends somewhat on who you can work with. Once you have a road map, then direct your efforts to moving in those directions; but being flexible enough to change directions if circumstances overcome your plans.
Adjutant

Post 10 Nov 2017, 9:49 pm

good suggestions! You'll notice that I have been lucky. Austria is out of the game and I have gobbled up Budapest already. I'm at 8 centers. Question is, with the English fleet in the Norwegian Sea, and a German fleet on the Baltic, what do I build in St Petersburg? Moscow of course has to be an army; but should I build a fleet in St Pete? If so, north or south coast?
Dignitary

Post 11 Nov 2017, 9:11 am

JimHackerMP wrote:good suggestions! You'll notice that I have been lucky. Austria is out of the game and I have gobbled up Budapest already. I'm at 8 centers. Question is, with the English fleet in the Norwegian Sea, and a German fleet on the Baltic, what do I build in St Petersburg? Moscow of course has to be an army; but should I build a fleet in St Pete? If so, north or south coast?

Sorry, Colin. I'm on vacation, so I don't have time to look at the map and ruminate. Build based on whoever is the biggest threat and coddle/cajole/bury the hatchet with the other. If they are working in concert against you, an army in Stp may be the better defensive play. But I'm outta time. Good luck.
Adjutant

Post 11 Nov 2017, 3:11 pm

thx. I'll let you know how it goes!
Adjutant

Post 19 Dec 2017, 12:46 pm

I'm up to 10 units by now. But that's only because Austria and England surrendered, and Turkey isn't much of a threat.
Adjutant

Post 01 Jan 2018, 10:01 am

down to 9 due to a stupid, stupid, stupid NMR. But that will change soon. Check out my board:

http://www.playdiplomacy.com/game_play.php?game_id=135923#
Dignitary

Post 03 Jan 2018, 9:26 pm

JimHackerMP wrote:down to 9 due to a stupid, stupid, stupid NMR. But that will change soon. Check out my board:

http://www.playdiplomacy.com/game_play.php?game_id=135923#

Sorry, Colin. The game is locked out for non-players. You'll just have to post a map in the forum.